Can Radiesse be used to fill in " smoker's lines" above my upper lip?

Radiesse for lip lines?

Radiesse is too thick your your lip lines. I would recommend a fine HA filler similar to juvederm or belotero. If it's too thick- it'll show... 

peels, lasers, and skin care are great ways to remove these lines as well. Lastly, if you smoke- quitting will help not replace the lines.

Hope this helps!

Dr. Robb

Evans Physician

Lip Lines -- Co2/Erbium Laser Resurfacing, Fillers Like Belotero/Restylane Silk/Juvederm Volbella, Microneedling/PRP, Peels

This area can be treated with lasers, fillers, microneedling.  Radiesse is not the best filler to this area as it can clump and form bumps.  HA fillers like Belotero and Restylane Silk and soon Juvederm Voleblla are best for this area.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Thank you for your question.  There are so many dermal fillers on the market now, it can be difficult for patients to know what is best used and where.   Your plastic surgeon or injection specialist can help you determine which filler is best used in each specific area.  Radiesse is much too viscous of a product to use in fine lines above the lip.  We would typically recommend Belotero or Restylane Silk for this area.  You may also find some improvement with laser treatments or a microneedling procedure. Find a board certified plastic surgeon who offers several options for filler to discuss your concerns.  Best of luck.  

Steven L. Ringler, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Can Radiesse be used to fill in smoker's lines above upper lip?

Radiesse would not be a good option to help improve smoker's lines above the lip.  Radiesse is a fairly firm product and would not produce good results in the superficial lines above the lip.  There are some other fillers, such as Belotero or Restylane Silk that could be injected more superficially to help with these lines.  Chemical peels or laser resurfacing can also sometimes help.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Radiesse for "smokers lines"

Absolutely not. Radiesse is not to be used superficially. There are many other filler options available as well as laser resurfacing that would be better options for this area. Please discuss with a licensed, experienced injector in this area.

Lawrence Bundrick, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Radiesse should NEVER be placed in the lip or undereye area. My first choice at this point is J Plasma resurfacing for smoker's lines. These are very common in Denver. Botox and fillers such as Belotero can also be effective but they are temporary. Best. Stephen Weber MD, FACSDenver Facial Plastic Surgeon

The short answer is no. These lines are very superficial and Radiesse is not intended for superficial injection. Botox can treat the area as well as a hyaluronic acid filler

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist