What to do for Radiesse injection necrosis? (Photo)

Hi. I had Radiesse injected into my nasolabial folds. The doctor occluded an artery and I suffered from necrosis from my nose to below my lip. This was done on Janurary 20th, 2016. Healing had slowed, and I do PRP/microneedling once a month to help break up scar tissue. What else would help smooth the scar and replace lost volume? Thank you for your time.

Scar Revision

My heart sank when I saw your photos. What an awful thing to go through. I think it's great that you are doing the microneedling with PRP. However, some of this scarring may be too deep to be reached by that. For a next step you should consider some form of Fractinated Resurfacing. This can be done with CO2, with Laser or with Radio frequency. They all work. What is most important is that you go to an expert in aesthetics who has a lot of experience with their device. The fractinated resurfacing procedure could even potentially be combined with PRP. Also, medical grade topical skin care- start it soon if you haven't already- Retinol 1% encapsulated/microneedling  (example ZO Medical -Retamax), Alastin Restorative Skin Complex and Alasting Skin Nectar, an exfoliating Cleanser, and antioxidant serum (ZO Medical Daily Power Defense)- doing this will encourage new collagen and elastin and improve the results from your procedures as well as lessen downtime. Many of these products can be ordered online check out ZO Skin Health and Avastin Websites.

Best,  Lisa Vuich, MD

Nashua Physician

Necrosis and scarring from Radiesse

This is indeed an unfortunate situation. at this point the best thing to do is to see a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in reconstruction and have the area excised. since it is in the nasolabial fold the scar may be able to be placed there

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist