Radius does not belong in the eyelids
You need to wait at least a 6-12 months to see if it dissolves. Steroid injections might help with the inflammation. Sometimes Radiesse needs to be removed from the eyelids surgically. I have had two patients who needed this. Please see an eyelid specialist = an Oculoplastic Surgeon for an opinion. Search for one near you at ASOPRS.org
Radiesse disaster - what now?
Thank you for asking about your Radiesse.
- I am truly sorry this has happened.
- Radiesse cannot be dissolved or easily removed -
- All you can do is get advice from an expert make-up artist and wait for it to absorb -
- About 9 months.
- It does not look like the work of a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon -
- For your best result, in the future please see a plastic surgeon.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes, Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
It looks like you did not have a good injection session. the areas can be injected with cortisone to help and you should see a board certified dermatologist as soon as possible
Thank you for your question. Please be evaluated by an expert board certified Dermatologist. Radiesse bumps and asymmetry is difficult to dissolve but should improve over time. Treatments may include intralesional kenlaog injections in combination with some sort of heat therapy like Venus to try to break up the Radiesse. At home you can start with massage or light vibration therapy if the Radiesse was recently injected. Regards, Dr. Matt Elias