What should I need for my underbite, a braces or jaw surgery? (Photos)

I have an underbite which causes me to have a low self confidence. I'm a Filipino and I don't even know what should I do to fix this. I'm afraid of jaw surgery, I don't want to experience pain and my mom said it's too risky. Can braces fix this kind of underbite?

Let's Talk Teeth

Dear Swaggy14,

Thank you for posting your question on RealSelf.  I will do my best to answer your question with the information provided.

From the photos provided, it appears that orthognathic surgery will be your best option to achieve optimal esthetics and occlusion.  I suggest visiting either an orthodontic specialist or an oral surgeon, and they will gather the appropriate information to present your individual treatment options.

I hope that this helps and good luck.

Dr. Jenn