Who offers ultrasound to help soften fibrosis of the tissues post facelift surgery?

I am 7 weeks post op facelift surgery and have developed significant fibrosis under the neck and throughout the jaw. My surgeon does not offer ultrasound but agrees in the benefits of this. How would i find a surgeon in my area (PA or NJ) who offers this?

Ultrasound in Philadelphia

My best advise would be to go on the American Society of Plastic Surgeons website to find the surgeons in PA and NJ. Then, go on each one's website and see if they offer ultrasound. Hope this helps and best of luck --

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Hi, I have performed facelifts for over 30 years and have performed many minimally, invasive type facelifts.  When I performed traditional facelifts this was a very common occurrence and I have and used the ultrasound device to soften the areas of excess scarring below the skin resulting from the invasive type of tissue dissection associated with some types of facelifts.  I'd suggest asking your Facelift Surgeon to help you find someone with the ultrasound machine.  Since I started performing the minimally, invasive SMAS facelifts described below these lumps and bumps due not occur and my ultrasound machine hasn't been used.  Faster healing and lack of these post facelift lumps and bumps are just a couple of the benefits of the minimally, invasive facelift.  If your surgeon agrees, most chiropractors and physical therapists will have an ultrasound machine, but would require guidance on what setting (depth of tissue) and length of time to perform the treatment.  

Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces.  Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front.  Cheek augmentation with a dermal filler or using cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks that will feminize the entire face.

When the chin is weak, this creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.   I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick and highly effective.

If you have "jowls” these are sagging facial tissues and an indication for some form of a SMAS facelift.  The underlying SMAS layer, of the face, must be dissected, lifted, trimmed and re-sutured (not merely folded or suspended with threads or sutures that will not last).  The excess skin is then removed and the facelift incisions closed.

My most popular facelift is the minimally invasive, short incision facelift that has all the benefits of more invasive facelifts (traditional, mid-face, deep plane, cheek lift and subperiosteal facelifts) but with these added benefits:

• very small incisions and no incisions extend or are placed within the hair.
  • minimal tissue dissection = less bruising and swelling = rapid recovery ( several days instead of weeks or months with the more invasive type facelifts mentioned)
  • can be performed in 90 minutes or less, with or without general anesthesia
  • no incisions within the hair = no hair loss
  • excess fat can be removed
  • excess skin removed
  • cheeks, chin and jaw line can be augmented with dermal fillers (I prefer Restylane Lyft) or facial implants
  • most patients fly back home to parts all over the world in as little as 3 days post-op

I combine facial shaping with every facelift procedure.  When jowls are present, these should be done in concert and not alone or separately in order to create a naturally, more attractive face.

Hope this helps.