Temple Scars? (Photo)

I had a facelift last year, the scars on my temples were very noticeable so he did a revision in June but but now the one side is worse than before, shows to much. Has anyone had this problem, that they had to go back for a 2nd revision? What happens if he says there would be too much tension to pull it closer to my hairline? is there any way of fixing it? This is a picture of my revision Going for another in Sept. Do you think a new revision will help? So noticeable.

Revised nocible scaring after face lift... What is my next step ?

I am sorry that you are having concerns about your procedure and thanks for sharing your question. I can appreciate your concern and agree with your assessment.

Tension is the best ally for thick scarring. When revising a scar, if the new gap of tissue is significant, then the thick scaring is most likely to reappear. Your current condition corroborates that fact.

The best steps are:
Wait until the redness disappears. Usually 1 year. If the redness is still present, then laser treatments may help vanishing the red pigment.

If this does not work, then you may consider tattooing. There are some medical tattoo specialists that may be able to blend the scar, by matching the color of your skin.

Finally, if that does not work, hair transplant may be the last resort.

Wishing you the best in your journey

My temple scars are noticeable even after scar revision surgery. What can I do?

Hello Sats,
Thanks for your question.
You are early after your revision so it will take a few more months to see how the scar revision finalizes.
In the interim, I would make sure you massage your scar in a linear manner and apply a good sunblock on it every day, no matter what.  This will help the scar fade and soften.  Once it is no longer pink, you can decide whether you like it or not.  If it is still too noticeable, you could try another revision, but this time bring the temple hairline forward to reduce any tension at closure.  You could also have hair transplants placed into the scar to camouflage it.  
I advise my patients to use a coverup makeup known as Dermablend.  You can find it at Dermablend.com.
This will keep the scar covered nicely as you heal, so you don't focus on it so much and can live your life a little more normally.
Good luck,
Dr. Shah

Manish H. Shah, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Continued Scarring post Revision

Thank you for sharing your concerns.  Yes, it is true that the more tension one places on the skin, the more likely it is to scar and appear unpleasant.  The good news is that you are only 2 1/2 months or so after your last revision.  You need to give this time to heal and see where it will settle.  That said, if there is a continued unpleasant appearance after 9 months, I would recommend a nonsurgical treatment such as a fractional CO2 laser or deep microneedling to help soften the remaining scar.  Until then, just be sure to keep it out of the sun and contact your PS if it starts to thicken (which is rare).

Paul Lanfranchi, DO, FAOCO
Las Vegas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Temple Scars seondary revison = Consider waiting 1 year for revision #fb #scarevision #facelift #drmesa

Temporal hair line scars could be visible during the healing process. They tend to be pink and some times dark in certain patients like italians, latin and middle easterns.

If the temporal hairline facelift scar is very visible after healing has occurred ( 1 year) revision scar could be necessary. After the first revision, scar could be visible as when the initial facelift was performed. If a secondary scar revision is necessary, it would be prudent to wait for at least 1 year to do so ( time required or the scar to fully mature). Temporal hairline facelift scar revisions are usually done in a way that the temporal hair grows within the scar, thus binding the scar. For doing that the surgeon cuts the skin in an inclined angle so the hairs grow through he scars. 

During the healing process, patients may use scar creams to improve the healing process. In my practice, facelift patients are recommended to apply Neocutis Bioserum Scar Cream on their facelift incisions. 

John Mesa, MD

Temple scars

Sadly, my experience with scars in this position, that is in front of the hairline in the temples, is that they don't do well. Yours seem to be typical. When these are completely healed ( perhaps as long as a year), I suspect you will find that there is some residual discoloration and indentation.
What are your choices? One would be to re-excise and re-close again. If you are lucky, it will heal better. I don't think tension is going to be an issue particularly if you wait six months or so and only excise the scar. In the meantime, you might try  BBL lasers or IPL lasers with or without micro fat grafting to try to improve the color and indentation respectively. Finally, you might go get another opinion from a well respected cosmetic surgeon nearby. Good luck and let me know if I can be of further help. 

Robert K. Sigal, MD
Reston Plastic Surgeon

Pretricheal hairline scars

At this point, I would likely recommend either high quality medical tattooing or single follicle hair transplantation by an experienced surgeon with documentably quality results.               

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

Incision care

Thanks for sharing. The scar still is maturing and will improve with time.  At this time a silicone gel is proven to decrease redness and treat or prevent hypertrophic scars.  I would start with this.  Possible pulse dye laser or fractional laser would help. When you are closer to a year consider tattoo or hair grafting for more improvement.  Follow up with your surgeon.

Raymond E. Lee, MD

Scars after facelift

You have several options, including scar revision.  Your surgeon should be able to outline them for you. Hair transplantation is one of these, but other options exist as well. 

Mark P. Solomon, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Scars

The scars are not optimal but could also be worse.  Possibly consider hair transplantation around the scar to help camouflage these scar.

Temple scars

Healing from this incision can sometimes disappointing.  Revision surgery may not be the best choice since it has not worked.  Hair transplantation for a small area such as this should provide a result which will conceal your scars

J. Kevin Duplechain, MD, FACS
Lafayette Facial Plastic Surgeon