Does cortisone shots work on silicone that was injected in your face? (Photo)

Cortisone helps for silicone injections?

Regards, Dr Carlos Alberto Rios regrets that you have been victim of the terrible practice of biopolymers. 

For your information, in 1898 Dr. Robert Gersuny, Austrian surgeon, injected paraffin into the scrotum of a patient who was orquiectomizado (testicles removed). Here began the history of the injection of external substances to give volume to the face and body. This practice became very popular and now, there are whole chapters in plastic surgery books that explain how to try to correct and rebuild the serious effects of the application of paraffin. 

About your case, cortisone injections, such as triamcinolone, may temporarily help but unfortunately do not solve the problem.

Please remember to be aware, do not let any permanenrt filler to be injected into your face, breast, buttocks, calfs, genitalia, etc. The safest way to increase buttocks is through your own fat injections or through silicone implants.

I hope the information was usefull, have a nice day! Dr Carlos Rios.

Colombia Plastic Surgeon

Intralesional kenalog to silicone granuloma

Intralesional kenalog can help reduce inflammation around a granuloma. I would suggest a more comprehensive approach to your problem. 

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Silicone Reactions -- Treat with Lasers, Radiofrequency, Steroids/5FU

I suggest you see an expert this needs a formal evaluation.  Sometimes surgery is needed.  Best, Dr. Emer.