Is cortisone cream good for a burn after laser hair removal?

Laser burn

I would really encourage you to speak with your laser technician and their supervising physician. They will want to be aware of any issues you are having.  That is not typical for laser hair reduction.  Yes, you can use hydrocortisone if you have some inflammation.  Stay skintastic. 

Fort Smith Dermatologist

Cortisone for Laser hair removal burn

Topical cortisone is a good treatment for any mild superficial burning after Laser Hair Removal but you may also want to add a topical antibiotic cream such as Bactroban if there are any concerns with secondary infection. In any case, you should immediately report any potential issues or side effects to your treating physician. Best.

Pamela Stuart, MD
San Jose Physician

Burn from laser hair removal

Yes, cortisone cream is good because it will help prevent scarring and pigmentation problems. If infected, other creams are needed such as silvadene and bactroban. I like Biafine if the skin is not infected. Burns are rare with this procedure and are operator error almost always.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Laser Hair Removal and Burn

Silvadene cream or Bactroban Cream and cortisone cream are all used after a burn from a laser. It depends both on your skin type and type of burn.  Choosing the right laser hair device based on your skin type is so important. Best, Dr. Green