Which laser machine is best? I am tired of wasting money and getting nothing. (photos)

Hello Which machine would you recommend best for hair removal? The " Epilia RF (320W 808nm Diode Plus RF Hair Removal )" or the Gentle-Lase pro? Diode or Alexandrite laser? My skin is fair to medium, with dark thick hair especially on my legs. Thank you

Laser Hair Removal -- Takes a series of treatmetns

I find that the asclepion mediostar next is the best.  Diode or alex lasers are very versatile.  Aerolase is good on the face and gentials.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Which laser for hair removal?

Hi Eliza.  The mistake that consumers sometimes make when trying to decide on a laser hair removal practitioner is that the lasers don't think, the practitioner does.  So even if you get the most appropriate laser for your skin (either the Diode or Alexandrite will be fine for you), if the nurse or physician doing the work does not understand the process well, then you will get poor results.  When you search, try to get a recommendation from a friend, check online reviews, before and after photos AND the type of laser used.  Good luck.  

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Best laser for #LaserHairRemoval?

Dear Elizasean:From your description, I think either laser would be effective but I have seen the best results with less discomfort on your skin type with the #GentleLase alexandrite laser.   All the best,  Dr Clark

Sheryl D. Clark, MD

Best Laser for Hair Removal

At my practice, we use the Gentle-Max Pro for hair removal with great success. Based on your description you could probably use the Alexandrite, however this determination would have to be made in person. Laser hair removal is most effective on those with darker hair on lighter skin and can take anywhere from 6-8 treatments for about 80-90% reduction of hair to an area, all with minimal discomfort and zero downtime. Sometimes touch-ups are needed in the future, however our patients are very pleased with their results. I would recommend consulting with a board-certified dermatologist with a lot of experience performing laser hair removal.

Dennis Gross, MD