Does laser hair removal help get rid of strawberry legs? (photo)

I have strawberry legs (dark pores) and it makes me very self conscious. I've tried everything and nothing to get rid of them, and I can safely say that all of it is bluff. Would laser hair removal help get rid of these dark pores? Thanks in advance.

Large pores and hair removal

Hi there, thank you for your question. It appears as though you have large hair follicles, which can definitely be improved with laser hair removal. You'll need a minimum of 6-8 treatments spaced 6-8 weeks apart. I suggest you find an experienced physician with laser hair removal background and get started!
Best of luck to you, be well.#strawberrylegs #largepores #hairremoval

LHR and dark pores

Thank you for the picture and question.  Laser hair removal will certainly help you feel less conscious.  It will require a series of multiple treatments 6 to 8 weeks apart.  By removing the hair follicle, those dark looking "spots" or growing hair follicles will be reduced.  You will also have less "red bumps" from shaving.  You will be very happy after you have had just a few treatments.  Be sure that your provider uses a laser that is approved for hair removal such as an Alexandrite laser.

Does laser hair removal help get rid of strawberry legs?

Hello, thank you for your question and for including a photo. Laser hair reduction can certainly help to reduce the pigment caused by growing/irritated hair follicles.  If you rid the area of the follicles, there will no longer be irritation of the pores causing the darkening. LHR is a series of treatments, usually 6-8 treatments done 8 weeks apart. Good Luck!

Mark A. Blair, MD
Phoenix Dermatologic Surgeon