Bbl shapes, sizes, and terminology

I've been wondering about how to communicate exactly what I want to accomplish with my Bbl. When you have a patient coming in for a bbl what's the most helpful way they can communicate to you what they want? I feel like many people may get results that are different than what they want because they miscommunicated with their Doctors or just didn't give enough info.

BBL consultation

Thank you for your question. Discussing your options and your goals is the most important thingwith your surgeon to avoid unrealistic expectations. I find looking at surgeons own before-and-after pictures very helpful for patients. Additionally, Vectra 3-D imaging stimulation as well as I-Lipo app 

Bbl shapes, sizes, and terminology

I actually think that pictures are helpful, but it is most important to have realistic expectations.  I have noticed in my practice that despite liposuctioning the maximum of 5 liters and transferring over 2 liters of fat per buttock, I still have patients who want more projection or more volume. 

BBL and relaying to doctor your preference

I think that pictures can help a bit realizing that what another person has may not be achievable.  Best of luck with your decision to move forward.

Communicating Your BBL Goals

One of the best ways to communicate effectively during a Brazilian butt lift consult is to look at, and discuss in detail, previous patient photos. Make sure you fight the urge to latch onto an "After" photo you like without first looking at the patient's "Before" photo.

You should be looking at as many before and after photos of patients who all have a body type that is similar to yours so you'll have a realistic idea of what you will actually get as a result of your BBL procedure with that particular surgeon.

The Brazilian butt lift is a very technique-dependent procedure, so you'll also want to ask questions and have the surgeon explain exactly how liposuction, fat processing, and fat reinjection are performed.
See the web reference below for additional questions you should ask during a BBL consult.

Best wishes!

Ricardo L. Rodriguez, MD

Bbl shapes, sizes, and terminology

During you consultation you should clearly discuss your goals of surgery with your plastic surgeon. I recommend bringing in wish photos to your consultation.  

Martin Jugenburg, MD