Is it normal for my gum to be bleeding a year after a porcelain crown? My crown is discolored, can anything be done? (Photo)

My tooth chipped 3 years ago and ended up getting a porclein crown. I kept having to go back over 5 times because ever time the permanent crown was placed in my teeth it was always a different color than my other teeth. It was very frustrating having to go back because the color wasn't right. Now it chip last year and I had to get it done again! Now I'm still bleeding from only that gum , where the porclein crown was placed and it's still the wrong color. It's noticeable when I smile.

Bleeding gums are concerning #DrSoftTouch

I'm sorry to hear that you have not had a good experience up to this point. Bleeding gums are never normal. I would recommend consulting with an experienced cosmetic dentist who can replace your crown with a more esthetically pleasing crown that will match both the shape and shade of the adjacent teeth. I hope this helps. Click "save" under my name, if you'd like to ask me more questions in the future.

Bleeding gums are a BIG concern!

It's not normal to have gum bleeding a year after a procedure and there are great crowns that match beautifully with your other teeth. If you are having repeated problems with a crown without resolution it'd be wise to start looking at other cosmetic dentists for options.

Porcelain crown

It's time to get a second opinion. Bleeding gums are never normal. Sometimes it's nice to have a second set of eyes looking at a problem. A new dentist should be able to give you a new solution. Then you can decide how to move forward with your treatment.

Something isn't right with that

Go get 2 more opinions.  A good cosmetic dentist will usually give complimentary consults on something like this. 

Honeslty you typically get what you pay for with something like this.  To do it well takes a good cermist and doc time, both cost money. 

Bryan Bauer, DDS
Wheaton Dentist