Is it normal for my gum to be bleeding a year after a porcelain crown? My crown is discolored, can anything be done? (Photo)

My tooth chipped 3 years ago and ended up getting a porclein crown. I kept having to go back over 5 times because ever time the permanent crown was placed in my teeth it was always a different color than my other teeth. It was very frustrating having to go back because the color wasn't right. Now it chip last year and I had to get it done again! Now I'm still bleeding from only that gum , where the porclein crown was placed and it's still the wrong color. It's noticeable when I smile.

I'm sorry your crown didn't work out

This is not a difficult procedure.  Search your area for a Prosthodontist and have the crown replaced.  Most likely the bleeding is due to a less than ideal fit at the margin of the crown, or the previous dentist prepared your tooth too low below the gums.  Either way, this can be fixed and you will be happy with the outcome.

Newport Beach Prosthodontist

Bleeding gums are concerning #DrSoftTouch

I'm sorry to hear that you have not had a good experience up to this point. Bleeding gums are never normal. I would recommend consulting with an experienced cosmetic dentist who can replace your crown with a more esthetically pleasing crown that will match both the shape and shade of the adjacent teeth. I hope this helps. Click "save" under my name, if you'd like to ask me more questions in the future.

Bleeding gums are a BIG concern!

It's not normal to have gum bleeding a year after a procedure and there are great crowns that match beautifully with your other teeth. If you are having repeated problems with a crown without resolution it'd be wise to start looking at other cosmetic dentists for options.

Porcelain crown

It's time to get a second opinion. Bleeding gums are never normal. Sometimes it's nice to have a second set of eyes looking at a problem. A new dentist should be able to give you a new solution. Then you can decide how to move forward with your treatment.

Something isn't right with that

Go get 2 more opinions.  A good cosmetic dentist will usually give complimentary consults on something like this. 

Honeslty you typically get what you pay for with something like this.  To do it well takes a good cermist and doc time, both cost money. 

Bryan Bauer, DDS
Wheaton Dentist