Can breast tissue from under the armpit be removed and transferred back to the breast?

I've got some breast tissue that is located in my left armpit and it swells up before my period just like the tissue in my breasts. My question is, if I were to get this removed from under my arm, would the surgeon then be able to put that tissue back into my left breast? That would be ideal as my left breast is a bit smaller than my right breast. Also how did the breast tissue get under my armpit in the first place?

Natural breast augmentation with fat grafting

I appreciate your question

I perform a natural breast augmentation with fat. This can be removed from any unwanted areas including the breast itself as part of my lipo-lift procedure. I perform the fat grafting in multiple planes including under the muscle to give the best, most natural enhancement. Fat grafting is a great solution for someone who wants to bring their breast size up a cup or so and use natural tissue vs an implant. However, it can also be combined with an implant or used as a secondary procedure to fill in areas that are flat or thin. It does not affect mammograms or breast feeding. It can be a little lump or hard at first but tends to soften over time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.  Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic breast plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Breast tissue

No, breast tissue from your axilla would not be transferred back into you breasts. It would be difficult for this tissue to live once transferred. However, fat, taken from several potential donor sites, can be transferred into the breasts.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Breast Tissue Armpit Transfer

Breast tissue under the armpit is usually referred to as ectopic breast tissue.  Assuming this is breast tissue or fat it may be transferrred to the breast.  This is typically too small an amount to make a difference in the size of the breast.Please ocnsult in person with an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon prior to making treatment decisions.
Whether tissue in the armpit is breast or not should be determined by an experienced cllinical physician.

Luis A. Cenedese, MD, FACS