Fat transfer to breasts; would it be better to do that before breast implants?

I'm 5'5 30 pounds overweight, it's mostly gathered into my tummy and I have C cup breasts right now. I'd like to go up to a DD to have a more aesthetically pleasing figure. How many cup sizes can you go up with fat transfer? // and if not much, would fat transfer before breast implants be better?

Dear Maroselloanna44If you are getting implants, then there is generally no need for fat grafting. If you have a very specific shape issue, then fat grafting may have a role. This is often relevant in upper pole transition zones and breast asymmetry. Look for an experienced and properly trained plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery . See more than one consultation and make a well informed decision .

Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting -- To Breasts

I suggest consulting with a VASER Hi definition contouring specialist. By doing a VASER Hi definition procedure you will get much more contouring, shaping and skin tightening. Fat transfer from the abdomen and flanks can be used to augment the breasts. Fat grafting to the breasts can give a more natural look. I suggest you see an expert and do sculptra/PRP to get long term improvement and maintenance of the fat. PRP and purgraft give the best outcome and viability. I suggest consulting with an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Breast implants or fat transfer

I do like Breast implants which I have done over 15 years as results are natural doing it 1/2 submuscular 1/2 subgladular in my hands and consistent and beautiful.  Fat transfer does not give same type of fullness and my need more than one treatment and would be costly as well.  Implants usually all inclusive anesthesia recovery all check ups etc price is around $3900.

Afshin Farzadmehr, MD

Fat transfer or breast implants or both?

It is not that common for a patient to need both breast implants and fat transfer but there are some indications.  This is especially in someone with very thin breast tissue who seeks a large implant and risks having visible waviness and rippling.  You will not succeed in going from a C cup to a double D cup with fat transfer alone under any circumstances and if your breast tissue thickness and skin elasticity is judged to be satisfactory then placing the implants is your best choice. Meet with an ABPS board-certified plastic surgeon to discuss specifics and be examined in a face-to-face setting so that your questions can be answered. Best wishes, Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Breast fat transfer versus implants or both

from what you describe it you would most likely to do better with going for just having breast implants alone.
There are times when fat transfer in conjunction with implants can be ideal.
This isThere are times when fat transfer in conjunction with implants can be ideal.

This is usually the case with women who don't have sufficient fat her breast tissue to properly cover the implants.

If you're a true C cup start with then you should have sufficient amount of breast tissue to properly cover an implant and could obtain your ideal size.
Fat transfer can give it as much as one cup size.

It is not as predictable as implant augmentation.

Obviously fat transfer avoids the use of implants which has many long-term advantages.

Fat transfer can however, create oil cysts, fat necrosis and other long-term problems.
.

I suggest consulting with several board-certified plastic surgeon who can offer both alternatives.

My practice is focused exclusively on liposuction and fat transfer.
I'm a big fan of rest fat transfer but I clearly know it's limitations.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD