My tooth has chipped at the gum line. What are my options? Implant? (Photo)

Options to fix a chipped tooth

I would first want to know how the tooth got chipped so that we can talk about options to fix it.
Next I would want to make certain that aside from the chip, the truth is otherwise in good health.
Assuming that it is, then your solution might be something as simple as placing a bonded tooth colored filling.

I hope you found this information to be helpful,
Dr. Champagne

5 Dental Procedures to Repair Your Cracked or Broken Tooth

Here are five procedures that can repair your cracked or broken tooth:

-Dental bonding
-Veneers
-Crowns
-Root Canal
-Dental Implant

Susan Millar, DDS
Costa Mesa Dentist

Class5 cavity

no implant is needed. just get cavity filled with composite. if u have pain in that tooth , in that condition xray is required to see caviy extension in that tooth.

Nirav Patel, MDS, PhD
India Dentist

Chipped tooth options

Hi:

From the photo it appears you might have a cavity at the gum line.  If there is no nerve damage a simple tooth color filling will be the best option.  Please make an appointment with a dentist as soon as possible before the cavity gets any deeper.

Dr. Maddahi

Kourosh Maddahi, DDS
Beverly Hills Dentist

Chipping tooth that is black at the gumline.

This dark area can be a cavity on the root or tartar buildup. Make an appointment with a dentist for an exam and X-rays to determine what the problem is and the solution to fix it. If it is a cavity, a white filling can be done to repair the decay area. 

Options?

There is no need to consider an implant. You have a small area of decay and this tooth can easily be repaired with a filling.