I had Restylane injected four days ago, I wonder how to get rid of huge bruise around my left marionette line.

I got Restylane Injected and expected some bruising, this bruising of the marionette line started while she injected me. It is really black/blue and is from the corner of my mouth and down past my jaw. It's around 1 1/2 inches wide and three long. I used arnica bromelia and ice the first 36 hours and it seemed to get darker. The last two days I've used arnica and heat. Today I went out for lemon potato cayenne pepper vinegar which is supposed to help. Should I be alarmed?

Talk to your provider about what he or she might recommend for you.  I
have my patients use products that contain Arnica Montana.  Arnica is used
in homeopathic remedies and can help speed the healing process.   It
comes in both topical and oral form.

Kalispell Physician

Bruising after filler....

Thank you for your question.  Bruising is normal after filler.  There are ways to help prevent it before/while injecting by using techniques such as microcannula injections and accuvein.  Once you have the bruise, if your Dermatologist has a laser like the Excel V, they can easily clear the bruise with a laser treatment.  Regards, Dr. Matt Elias

Matthew Elias, DO, FAAD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon

Bruise after Restylane

Anytime that a filler, such as Restylane, is injected, it is possible to get bruising.  The area of the marionette lines is a common place that a bruise can occur.  It sounds as if you have been treating the area appropriately with ice and arnica.  I would not recommend using lemon potato cayenne pepper vinegar.  The bruise will improve over more time and should resolve completely.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon