Restalyne and allergies; I have read doctors saying you may not be a candidate if you have sinus issues?

I wanted to clarify my previous question about restalyne and allergies. I wasn't asking about allergy to the restalyne - I was wondering if side effects such as sinus congestion and puffy/irritated eyes (due to seasonal allergies) could potentially worsen the appearance of the bags because of the fillers hydrophilic nature. I have read a couple of different Doctor answers saying that you may not be a candidate if you have sinus issues, allergies, and occasional water retention.

Allergies and restylane

yes if you have allergies you are at risk for the restylane to get puffier than desired.  If you want to try I would start with a conservative fill and then if you're fine add some more.  The goods news is that the restylane can be easily dissolved.  I have lots of patients with seasonal allergies that have done great.  Best of luck!

Boston Oculoplastic Surgeon

Allergies and restylane

Your allergies may cause the restylane to appear puffier at first. I actually use Voluma more often under the eyes and have seen less puffiness with Voluma, especially with people with allergies. I'd recommend an in-person consult at our nyc office to answer all of your questions in a free and confidential manner. We do undereye filler several times a day.

Justin Harper, MD
Columbus Physician