How to remove freckles and melasma permanently? Any cream? (Photo)

i have melasma or freckles since 2 years, with doctor consultation i start using Dermaclin forte medicated cream , they get reduced but whenever i stop using it, they are back, plz let me know the permanent solution. i m a teacher and i have to go out daily in sun as well

Melasma and Sun Spots -- Best Treamtent Is Clear + Brilliant / Fraxel 1927 with Microneedling PRP, Pro Yellow is Useful

There is no cure for melasma despite lasers, skin lightening, needling/PRP.  I suggest you see an expert in lasers and skin to get improvement.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Melasma and best treatment NYC

I personally would avoid all lasers for melasma and consider a dermatologist who performs Cosmelan treatment.  I have treated so many patients who suffer from hyperpigmentation from lasers with dark skin and have found that the best treatments are chemical peels, bleaching creams, and Cosmelan peels.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Melasma and freckles.

Melasma can no t be completely cured, however effective treatment are possible. This is because your skin is extremely sensitive to UV and even the smallest amount can stimulate your pigment cells to produce colour. The mainstay of treatment is strict UV protection- hats, sunglasses and SPF every 4 hours.

I prefer to use a combination of creams and laser for melasma. Hydroquinone can be used (5-8%), along with vitamin A creams. I usually start my patients on laser (low dose Q switch or Picosure) a few weeks after they commence on creams. Fraxel in a low dose setting, together with creams can also help. What ever you do, do NOT use IPL as this treatment, though effective for freckles can make melasma worse. 

In some cases I combine glycolic AHA peels, and in other cases I use a tablet called Tranexamic acid to help.

Dr Davin Lim
Laser, surgical and aesthetic dermatologist
Brisbane, Australia

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Vi peel

The vi peel is safe on any color of skin and is effective in reducing melasma in one week with no downtime. Although it is not permanent it can be repeated in a 3-6 months if necessary. The use of a sunblock along with bleaching cream if necessary can maintain the effect.

Morris Westfried, MD
Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

Treatment of Melasma and Freckles

Both melasma and freckles are caused by UVA sun exposure with heredity and hormones thrown in to worsen the sun damage. DermaClin Forte is a hydroquinone cream that changes the way the melanocytes (the pigment cells) work to reduce the spots and prevent new ones. Unfortunately, you will probably need to use the hydroquinone somewhat continuously to prevent recurrence of the problem. I have personally been doing so for over 25 years (using the Obagi Nu-Derm System with hydroquinone). When I switched to another product, the spots returned in about 9 months but again disappeared again in 3-4 weeks after restarting the Obagi. Additionally, you need a good 8-12% Zinc Oxide sunblock DAILY as it is the only practical sunblock available. It needs to be reapplied only if rubbed or washed off. The other sunblocks that block UVA all need to be reapplied every 1-2 hours depending on whether you are indoors or out. (See PlasticSurgeryToday.com/beautifulskinlaserresurfacinghighlandsnorthcarolina/obagi-nu-derm/)

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon