The left side of my face is in pain could it be a dry socket?

I got all four of my wisdom teeth removed 16/7/14. The left bottom side of my face is in a lot of pain. It was very painful yesterday but i think the pain has gone down (or maybe i'm just used to it now) and i'm kind of paranoid. Could this be a sign of dry socket? How will i now for sure?

Potential Dry Socket

The only way to know whether or not you have a dry socket is to see your surgeon and allow them to evaluate the area. If it is determined that you have one they may need to numb the area with a local anesthetic to keep you comfortable.  At that point, they will irrigate the socket with an antibacterial rinse, then pack the area with a medicated dressing to keep it protected.  You may have to have the dressing changed a coule of days in a row to allow proper healing of the extraction site to occur.  Good luck.  

Dry Socket After Wisdom Tooth Extraction

The most common symptoms of dry socket are as follows: The pain typically starts about 2 days after the tooth was pulled. Over time it becomes more severe and can radiate to your ear. Other symptoms ofdry socket include bad breath and an unpleasant smell and taste in your mouth.  The smell is fairly diagnostic for dry socket.  If you are still experiencing discomfort set up a follow up visit with your dentist / surgeon.

Frank Orlando, DDS
New York Dentist

DRY SOCKET PAIN

It could be a dry socket.  But it could also be pain from the trauma of the surgery.  Other signs of a dry socket.
is the pain radiating to the ear?  Is the blood clot still in the hole or does the bone look bare.?  A dry socket often has a very specific smell.
I would consult your dentist.