I am doing laser hair removal in my face. Can I do microdermabrasion treatment at the same time?

Laser hair removal and microdermabrasion

I would advise you not to do it at the same time. Both treatments need recovery time and it is important to space them out. I would advise you to firstly do microdermabrasion and then wait it out for your skin to heal, and then proceed with laser or vice versa. Good luck! 

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Last contacted 3 days ago

Laser Hair Removal and other services

We used to do microdermabrasion but now we use HydraFacial to make the skin more smooth. Lasers are always applied to clean skin so I don't recommend putting microderm crystals on the skin prior to layering.

After the laser, we only apply sunscreen/moisturizer.

Hope this helps you,

Dr Beverly Johnson

Beverly Johnson, MD
Silver Spring Dermatologic Surgeon

Last contacted 8 days ago