I have had 3 microdermabrasion treatments. I now have hyper and hypopigmented areas on my face. What should I do?

Microdermbrasion

Hi

I am sorry to hear this. Usually performed safely and correctly this is not a common effect. Were you advised to wear a minimum of SPF 30 everyday throughout treatment? This is essential. 

Make sure you protect your skin all year round. Go back and see your practitioner you are still concerned. 

Kind regards

Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Make an appointment with your provider or another expert

You should go back to your provider and have a check-up. Microdermabrasion usually minimizes hyper and hypopigmentation. It is important to for you to wear sunscreen at all times with minimum SPF 30.

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Thanks for your query. The hyper and hypo pigmentation will go on its own but it takes time. Just avoid the sun and moisturize your skin well and u will get the results. Hope it helps.All The Best

Ajaya Kashyap, MD
India Plastic Surgeon