Microdermabrasion on active spots?

Hi, I'm suppose to be having a microdermabrasion treatment Tuesday to help with my hyperpigmentation on my cheeks but I've broken out with 4 or 5 painful under skin pimples on my face. Can I still have the treatment without it affecting the pimples?

Microdermabrasion on active spots

Microdermabrasion can be an effective treatment for acne depending on the severity of the condition. It helps with mild acne usually resulting from clogged pores. I would still wait for inflammation of your blind pimples to settle before proceeding with microdermabrasion. Once your pimples have healed, the Microdermabrasion may be useful for smoothing you skin. Good luck!

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Microdermabrasion

Hi, It is recommended to wait until active spots settle before have Microdermabrasion treatment.

Hope this helps

Chien C. Kat, FRCS
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Microdermabrasion on active spots?

Thanks for your queryMicrodermabrasion is contraindicated during active acne. Hence you should avoid the treatment and wait for the acne to settle down. Hope it helps.
All The Best

Ajaya Kashyap, MD
India Plastic Surgeon