Asian Eyelid Surgery: crease too high and uneven (5 weeks post op). (photos)

I am now 5 weeks post op and most of the swelling is gone, but my creases still appear extremely high and the incisions are uneven in height and shape, the scars are also red, bumpy and raised. My eyes don't look Asian or natural at all. I am so distressed and depressed. What can I do?

Crease too high after Asian eyelid surgery

Thank you for the photo.  I does look a bit high but you are very early in the healing process.  Over the next three to six months you'll notice things improve.  The height of the visible crease will decrease but we can't say how much yet.  At the moment you need to only wait.  Keep in close contact with your surgeon and it doesn't hurt to get second opinions.  I would be cautious about anyone who encourages you to have a revision surgery any time soon.  That'd be a bad idea and there are so few of us who perform Asian eyelid surgery regularly.  

I know it's stressful but do not rush into anything.

Chase Lay, MD

Asian eyelid surgery specialist

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Asian Eyelid Surgery recovery

Significant swelling is normal and to be expected after Asian eyelid surgery, especially if an incisional technique was used.  Once the initial swelling resolves in 1-3 months the crease (if properly created during surgery) should become better defined.

Donald B. Yoo, MD