When does the itching stop?

I'm 4 weeks post op of TT. When does this awful itching stop?

The itching varies from person to person, but can take some time to resolve.  I would expect that after another month or so the itching will be gone.

When Does the itching stop?

The lumpiness, swelling, itching and hardness after a surgery like you had typically persists at least 6-8 weeks after the surgery then slowly goes away. In my experience, daily massage of the hard areas makes the biggest difference in getting rid of it sooner rather than later. It can easily take 3-6 months to see results. I tell my patients to be careful about salt intake as this can make swelling worse. Be sure to keep any scheduled follow up appointments you have with your surgeons for his evaluation and advice. Hope this helps! Dean Vistnes.

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Itching postop

Could it be related to your garment? If so wear cotton underneath as a barrier. Keep your skin moisturized and try OTC itching relief. For severe itching, try doxapin cream. This should normalize as your nerves accommodate during the haling process.

Joel Patrick Maier, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Itching after tummy tuck

Hello Molly-
As long as everything appears to be healing well, itching is generally a symptom that is related to normal healing and is therefore is a good thing. With time, it will decrease in severity and frequency...signficantly in the next couple months. 
Happy Holidays. 

Mark Anton, MD, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

When does the itching stop?

Itching typically means you are healing, that being said you need to speak with your plastic surgeon. Could it be meds? Could it dressings? Could it be the ointment of the wound? Did they use skin glue? Could it be the binder or garment? These are a few of the things to consider.
Good Luck

Stephen M. Davis, MD, FACS
Green Hills Plastic Surgery

Thank you for your question and make certain you are not allergic to the garments you are undoubtedly wearing as they may be the cause.  Otherwise as swelling recedes as well as reinnervation so should the itching

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Itching after and abdominoplasty may take a number of weeks to subside. Don't scratch.

As nerves returned to the skin abnormal sensations such as itching to be experienced. Don't scratch as this will aggravate the problem. Cool compresses and oral medications can be used to control symptoms.