What type of PRP Hair treatment is the best? (Photo)

I have noticed from all the information i got from this website and consulting with different doctors that there are different treatments for example: PRP in 3 sessions, PRP+A cell, PRP injection needling, PRP with ECM , PRP with Micro needle Hair Roller and probably more type that i dont know. if possible pls explane which one is the best, money is not my concern just i know that that i should get this treatment now but i'm confused thanks for your support

PRP Hair Restoration Best Protocol

Thanks for your question. The reason this is confusing is because there is not a standard protocol. I would agree that Acell and ECM have not proven to increase results. Here would be my recommendations-

1. Focus on the QUALITY of the PRP prep kit (and of course the reputation of the provider)- there are over 25 FDA approved PRP prep kits but they do NOT all produce the same concentration of PRP. (I hate to confuse you more, but I must...). An adequate PRP concentration is 4 to 6x the concentration of platelets in the blood. Many kits don't even come close to that. Concentration counts! We use PurePRP II by Emcyte, this is a good one. Harvest is another good system. The best kits will require a 60 ml blood draw (some even 120 ml). If they use a kit where they only draw 10 ml of blood, not so good!! This will NOT produce the same amount of PRP, and the more the better. 

2. We tend to avoid recommending propecia because of the potential for sexual side effects. It is a risk you need to weigh personally. 

3. A quality topical system like Revivogen can help. Also there is a supplement readily available in stores called quilib. It is made by the company Galderma, derived from onion I believe and it helps. No, you will not smell like onions. It's not expensive. 

4. Yes, PRP is usually done 3 sessions about 1 month apart, then you enter maintenance mode of 1 session every 8 to 12 months. Some places only inject, others inject and microneedle as well. Better to do both as the microneedling also stimulates the follicles independent of the PRP. 

5. Look into LaserCap PRO (LC PRO). It's portable and has the most low level laser diodes of any similar system. You can wear it under a baseball cap. Around 30 minutes every other day. It's an investment (list $3000) and you can only get it from an authorized center BUT if you use this you may be able to go longer in between maintenance sessions AND enhance your PRP results. 

6. Consider an oral supplement- such as Viviscal Professional.

7. Home microneedle roller can help a bit..mostly by helping your topical products penetrate better. They are not a replacement for medical microneedling done at the time of the PRP session.

Lisa Vuich, MD

Nashua Physician

PRP and hair growth

Regarding PRP, early studies were not substantiated enough to introduce PRP as an effective treatment for hair loss with long lasting results.  Also, there have not been large scientific studies to compare different methods and compare the results with respect to PRP use in hair loss.

Parsa Mohebi, MD
Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon

Try PRP & Progesterone!

I actually have great success in my practice using injectable progesterone and prp in combination to the scalp, rather than PRP alone. I suggest seeing an expert in hair loss. Any hair loss treatment takes 6 months to evaluate, so you will have to do 6 monthly treatments and then my patients cut the treatments down to every 6-8 weeks there after to maintain if the treatments are working. Best, Dr. Emer

Which PRP protocol is best; ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS NJ

Great question! There are no studies to document which protocol is best. There are no studies to support  Acell or extracellular matrix. It is my opinion that multiple treatments are necessary at inception. Most studies with Injection show good results.  Adding microneedling  or micro needle roller is effective, however it does add to post-operative swelling and side effects. Looking at your photo, there would be benefit adding finasteride orally or topically. Good luck.

Jeffrey Rapaport, MD
Englewood Dermatologic Surgeon