Does PRP work for hair loss due to Trichotillomania?

What are hair regrow th options for loss do to Trichotillomania?I have hair loss in the front of the scalp as a result of 20 years of hair pulling(trichotillomania). Will PRP work to regrow hair in that area? If not, what will?

PRP with Progesterone for Great Results

Yes, PRP can give you some improvement along with progesterone or transplantation.  I suggest you see a cosmetic dermatologist who specializes in hair loss for a formal consultation. Best, Dr. Emer

Trichotillomania and PRP. ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS NJ

In my opinion, PRP has the ability to increase the speed of hair re-growth and thicken the hair. With trichotillomania, one must stop with the manipulation of the hair in order to see any improvement. Once this has been accomplished, the PRP can increase the speed of re-growth and thickness of the shaft, provided that the repeated trauma has not cause scarring of the follicles. Should the follicles be scarred, there will be no effective treatment other than transplantation.  Good luck.

Jeffrey Rapaport, MD
Englewood Dermatologic Surgeon