Reaction to lidocaine? What can I expect? (Photo)

Hi, I got a PRP session done yesterday. As soon as the anesthetic cream was wiped off I had these red patched. One day post procedure and I find mild crusting. Redness still there. What caused this and how can I treat it.

Reaction to topical cream? ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS NJ My opinion,

In my opinion, you may have a contact dermatitis to the ingredients ( usually lidocaine, benzocaine or tetracaine) used in the anesthetic. You should determine if any of these is a potential allergen for you by patch testing. Treatment is a mild topical steroid. Good luck.

Englewood Dermatologic Surgeon

PRP post care

You should speak with the clinic that did your PRP so you know what to expect after a PRP treatment.

Parsa Mohebi, MD
Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon

Reaction to lidocaine

Topical anesthesia cream is irritant to certain kind of skin condition, especially in the very dry skin condition. I recommend you may try to apply hyaluronic acid gel or your own face cream before topical anesthesia cream. Most of the time, the irritant condition will be less.

Kwan Jou Chu, MD
Taiwan Hair Restoration Surgeon