Why do my new boobs look like this!?? (photos)

Ok so I'm almost 3 months post surgery (lift and augmentation) can someone please tell me if I developed Symmastia??? My boobs connect in the middle a lot!!'

Symmastia requires an exam

to clearly diagnose but your photos at this time do not appear to support symmastia.  Best to check with your surgeon.

Symmastia

Thank you for the question and the photos but an accurate diagnosis requires an examination so see your surgeon or other expert in the area.

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Not Symmastia

You don't have it, but your implants and therefore your breast tissue are close together. You can discuss this issue with your surgeon if you want to make changes.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Why do my new boobs look like this!??

From the photo you do not appear to have symmastia. Please address your concerns with your surgeon. 

Regards, 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Symmastia after BA?

Thanks for your question and pictures. I do not see any symmastia in the pictures shown. You do have breasts that are very close together. The majority of my patients would be thrilled with this degree of cleavage. If you are unhappy with your result I would encourage you to discuss with your PS. Potentially you could exchange your implant for something with a smaller base diameter or just a smaller implant. That would help some, but I imagine the breast shape is impacted the most from your pre-op anatomy. Best of luck!

Symmastia?

That is not symmastia; your cleavage is beautiful and there are a lot of ladies out there who would die to have such a cleavage. Enjoy your new breasts.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Synmastia

Thank you for the photos.  You appear to have a very nice results with good cleavage.  Judging by your photos, you do not appear to have synmastia.

It is always best to address your concerns with your plastic surgeon.

Good luck.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

Symmastia

If the implant moves across the breast bone and onto the other side, then symmastia is the diagnosis. It is not uncommon for the breasts to touch each other after an augmentation. All the best, MMT

Synmastia?

Synmastia is a condition in which both breasts appear to conjoint without an inframammary sulcus. After reviewing your photographs, it does not appear that your breasts are tunneled together. If you look up pictures of synmastia, you will see how the skin lifts up in the sternal area separate and apart from the implant position. You do have good cleavage which is related to the diameter of the implants you chose. If you are unhappy with the cleavage, you can talk to your surgeon about downsizing your implant. Good luck!

Results

Thank you for your question.  Based on your photos you do not have symmastia.  You appear to have a very nice result with good cleavage.  All the best,

Keshav Magge, MD
Bethesda Plastic Surgeon