Am I good candidate for chin lipo and/or mid face lift? (photos)

I'm 32 yrs old. As I've been getting older, I've noticed gravity slowly changing my appearance and it bothers me. I've been getting fillers (Juvederm, Radiesse, Voluma, Restalyn, etc.) since I was 25. At this point, I feel like I'm just throwing money down the drain since none of them last on me as long as they claim they will. What I actually feel like I need (to achieve the look I want) is a midface lift and a little lipo around my chin/jaw... Am I a good candidate for either of these procedures?

Choosing the correct procedure

The two procedures are done for different reasons and give completely different results. To get your jaw line and neck looking better you may do best with a chin implant. I midface lift is a quite invasive and drastic procedure. Midface volume is best achieved with long-lasting fillers or possibly fat transfer. Consult with several board-certified plastic surgeon so I have expertise with these procedures. Best, Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Candidate for chin liposuction and/or mini face lift

You would benefit most from an in person consultation with an experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeon so the recommendations will fit with your goals and objectives. While a minimal facelift may be possible, you may benefit from chin augmentation and volume replacement with either fillers or fat transfer. From the photos, it is not clear the amount of fat you have in that area. 

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

What can I do about my face changing and excess skin appearing?

You do have nonsurgical options like Thermage but I also do a Mini-Fax Facelift under total local anesthesia that you may be a candidate for. The recovery is typically less as is the chance of complications and looking weird. 

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Am I good candidate for chin lipo and/or mid face lift?

Hi, I have performed facelifts for over 30 years and have performed many minimally, invasive type facelifts.  From the photos you do not appear to have "jowls" but the chin is weak.  Based on these photos, you would appear to be a good candidate for chin augmentation but not any form of facelift procedure which is described below. Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces.  Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front.  Cheek augmentation with a dermal filler or using cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks that will feminize the entire face.

A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.   I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick and highly effective.

If you have "jowls” these are sagging facial tissues and an indication for some form of a SMAS facelift.  The underlying SMAS layer, of the face, must be dissected, lifted, trimmed and re-sutured (not merely folded or suspended with threads or sutures that will not last).  The excess skin is then removed and the facelift incisions closed.

My most popular facelift is the minimally invasive, short incision facelift that has all the benefits of more invasive facelifts (traditional, mid-face, deep plane, cheek lift and subperiosteal facelifts) but with these added benefits:
  • very small incisions
  • minimal tissue dissection = less bruising and swelling = rapid recovery ( several days instead of weeks or months with the more invasive type facelifts mentioned)
  • can be performed in 90 minutes or less, with or without general anesthesia
  • no incisions within the hair = no hair loss
  • excess fat can be removed
  • excess skin removed
  • cheeks, chin and jaw line can be augmented with dermal fillers (I prefer Restylane Lyft) or facial implants
  • most patients fly back home to parts all over the world in as little as 3 days post-op
I combine facial shaping with every facelift procedure.  When jowls are present, these should be done in concert and not alone or separately in order to create a naturally, more attractive face.

Hope this helps.