Seborrheic dermatitis on my scalp. Is there a type of Minoxidil which would be better to avoid that?

Hello, everytime I used minoxidil I have Seborrheic dermatitis on my scalp, do you know if there is a type of minoxdil which would be better to avoid that?

Minoxidil and seborrheic dermatitis

minoxidil does not causes or aggravate seborrheic dermatitis. How ever most of the minoxidil formulations are available as alcoholic solution so while application of minoxidil alcohol evaporates leaving behind fine white precipitate. May be these precipitate mistaken as seborrheic dermatitis. you can change the formulation to nonalcoholic one. But if you have seborrheic dermatitis better use an antifungal shampoo.

India Dermatologist

Seborrheic dermatitis , Minoxidil

no , unfortunatelly there is no such a product that contains minox and help to alleviate sebooreic status of hair. You would better to use anti dundruff shampoos for combat with that.

Ilhan Serdaroglu, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon