What to do with the hair after laser hair removal?

once the 1-2 weeks have past and all my hair is beginning to fall out, I have noticed that it does not actually fall out but is not attached either. I can simply remove all that dead hair with my fingers but it takes forever. I was wondering if there's an easier way to get rid of the hair that is just sitting there before the new hair grows in.

Laser Hair Removal

This sounds like a positive result from having laser hair removal treatment.  There is no need for another treatment to remove the hair, but to encourage the process of your hair falling out you can exfoliate the area the treatment was performed on. For best cosmetic results, please see a board certified physician who specializes in laser hair removal. Best, Dr. Green

Laser Hair Removal

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Laser hair removal

I would suggest you to exfoliate the are in the shower with exfoliating body wash and body sponge or brush. Make sure to moisturize your skin after exfoliating. Most of them will come out. You can still notice pepper spots that usually come out over the period of time, and the situation improves after each treatment. Good luck!

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Laser hair removal

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

What to expect after laser hair removal?

What you are experiencing is very good! It indicates the effectiveness of the treatment performed. You don't have to wait for the dead hair to spontaneously fall off; but can shave it off or exfoliate when its of sufficient and bothersome length. Some people might experience some itching during this time and that is normal.

Ram Chandra, MD
Edison Physician

Ram Chandra, MD
Edison Physician

Hair after hair removal

What you are describing shows that you are getting a positive result from having your laser hair removal treatment. Typically, one may see hairs fall out themselves 2-3 weeks post treatment. There is no need for any additionally treatments to remove the hair, but if this is bothersome to you shaving or exfoliating can encourage this process. 

Hair after hair removal

Laser Tattoo Removal Facts--Takes a series of treatments

Yes, you can shave the hair that is starting to shed. Keep in mind it will take a series of treatments to get the most improvement. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

1-2 weeks after laser hair removal

What you are describing sounds normal and that you are getting good results. You can shave it or exfoliate your skin to help gently remove the hairs. Make sure to wait 1-2 weeks after the treatment so you don't irritate your skin.

1-2 weeks after laser hair removal

Laser

Hi, usually hair tends to shed 2 to 3 weeks after laser shots. If not , you can razor it off. 

Laser