Acne red bumps post Laser Hair Removal, is this permanent? (photos)

Hi Dr, I got my full body laser hair removal done a week ago, after like 7-8 days i see red acne or bumps on my chest,3-4 days ago i suddenly felt itching starting from my neck toll lower abdomen, i wore a wollen sweat shirt as climate is changing here.I applied fucibet and Bioderma sensio bio forte but just want to be sure these will not be permanant marks, i do have sensitive skin.

Itchy hives after LHR

This is common and can be treated with topical steroids. It shouldn't be permanent. I would try to refrain from picking or scratching. The hair follicle heating caused this and it is actually a good sign that the procedure went well.

Not permanent--contact Dr. for after care

Every so often, we do see an itchy bumpy rash following laser hair removal. This is usually because of irritation of the hair follicles in the treated area, and this can be easily treated with a mild cortisone preparation. I suggest contacting your Dr. for a topical solution. Best, Dr. Emer

Red Bumps after laser hair removal

Hi there, It appears that you may have a heat rash caused by irritation of the hair follicles. This is very common after laser hair removal and it may have been worsened by wearing a woolen shirt. I would avoid using any heavy scented or abrasive lotions or creams. Apply cool washcloths to the affected area and topical cortisone cream for the itching. You can also use an over-the-counter allergy pill. Let your provider know that you experienced these bumps as they may need to adjust the settings to prevent them in the future. Good luck!