CoolSculpting love handles - pain and tingling gone after 6 days. Uneven sides! (Photo)

i had 2 cycles on each side done 7 days ago. I had a lot of tingling, prickly sensation on my left side only. Right side sensations were very light. Now the pain is almost 100% gone & tingling has vanished, AND my sides are noticeably uneven!! Left side (where I had much more tingling) is smaller than right. I'm typically an active person, and have lost and gained weight multiple times. I gain and also lose weight very quickly, so seeing results quicker than most is something I expected. Advice pls?

6 days after CoolSculpting

It is first important to realize that no one is symmetric before their procedure.  I would go back and critically look at your before pictures first.  The next thing to understand is that there may be some residual swelling from the procedure on one side that might account for some of the differences you are seeing.  In general terms, 6 days would be too early to see actual results from CoolSculpting.  The earliest that some patients see results is 3-4 weeks.  Most patients see results from 1-3 months.  Good luck!

Long Beach Physician

Coolsculpting questions

Your asymmetry was likely present before surgery so review your pictures. Even if you were perfectly symmetric before, you are too early to judge at 7 days. You need to allow 4 months for the full result. Best wishes. 

Francisco Canales, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Uneven Love Handles

Check your pictures before treatment, you will likely notice that your love handle asymmetry existed before the CoolSculpting. Most people have noticeable asymmetry in the love handles to begin with. You may also be a little swollen after your treatment. 7 days is too early to see the results from the actual treatment. CoolSculpting results can be seen in 3-4 weeks with full results around 3 months. Best wishes.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Coolsculpting results uneven?

The results are not appreciable yet. What you are seeing is probably pre existing. Look at pictures the doctor took prior to treatment. It is not uncommon to there to be differences between 2 sides in sensation as well as looks. The numbness has nothing to do with the ultimate outcome. It takes about 3 weeks to start to see the effects of treatment and about 3 months to see the full results.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Coolsculpting

Coolsculpting is an excellent form of non-invasive  fat reduction for the right patient. Some applicators take 1 or 2 hours but the new advantage applicators take only 35 minutes and have significantly less risk for delayed onset pain (especially in the abdomen). Results are seen at 2 months and typically 1-3 treatments will be necessary on each area to achieve ideal results. The number of treatments depends on the amount of fat there and the patient's goals.  There is not downtime and the results can be impressive in the right patient.  We also use the Zimmer Z-wave for improved patient comfort and added results. The best candidates are those who are in pretty good shape with areas of stubborn fat that won't go away no matter what.

I would suggest going back to the Dr who performed the treatment and discussing your results. It helps to look at the before pictures.

My best,

Sheila Nazarian, MD, MMM

Beverly Hills, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Early CoolSculpting Results

Your swelling, tingling, and pain in the first few weeks are not a good indication of what your final results will be at 2-3 months.  Frequently the skin on one side may be more loose or stretched before the treatment, and that side looks more swollen after the treatment.  This does not mean that it will still look that way in a few months.  Often one side will have more symptoms than the other, and this will not affect the results. Ask your physician at your follow up appointment to review your photos with you if you are still uneven in a few months.

Dana Coberly, MD

CoolSculpting Results

No one is completely symmetric before doing any treatment on their body.  So make sure to look at your before pictures before comparing your sides.  Also, most people do not see results by 7 days, so it is unlikely you are uneven from the CoolSculpting treatment.  Make sure to wait the full 3 months to see the results and then compare before and after photos.  People can have very different reactions from each applicator.  You must treat each application as a single application and do not compare side effects, as these do not determine the results of the treatment.  The tingling and numbness are mostly from the nerves and do not coincide with the dead fat cells.  Also, you may have some swelling from the treatment still so it is too early to determine any results from the CoolSculpting treatment.  As long as you received a full treatment on each side, there should be no need to worry.  Be patient and wait until you take your photos at 3 months to see how they compare to your before photographs.   

Jeffrey Hartog, MD

Coolsculpting Results

Thank you for your questions. It is still early on. Some patients may start to see results as early as a few weeks after treatment but it can take 12-16 weeks to see optimal results from a Coolsculpting treatment. Best wishes. 

Daniel J. Ritacca, MD
Chicago Oculoplastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting Love Handles

Coolsculpting will not yield noticeable improvement after 6 days. Most likely you are seeing residual swelling which is not the same on both sides. You may have also started with a different amount of fat on each as is common. Consult with your treating physician as he or she knows the scope of the treatment and the specifics about you. 

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

CoolSculpting vs SculpSure and HI DEF 4D CONTOURING

Coolsculpting needs multiple treatments for results but wil never give lipo-like results. so if you want full contouring and evenness, I would consider a hi definition procedures with VASER 4D contouring.  Best, Dr. Emer.