Is vibration table session necessary after coolsculpting procedure?

Vibration table session after Coolsculpting?

This is not necessary after Coolsculpting. I do Zimmer Z wave after each treatment instead of massage which seems to improve the results by up to 100%. It also leads to less discomfort afterwards and more rapid results.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Vibration after#CoolSculpting?

Dear Hafrab:Manual massage will do the trick nicely. There is no proof that vibration table therapy is any more effective.  All the best,   Dr. Clark

Vibration after#CoolSculpting?

Hocus Pocus or is Vibration Table Necessary After Coolsculpting

Hadrab  Thank you for your question.  Zeltiq, the manufacturer, for coolsculpting does not have a recommendation for a vibration table session.   Manual massage is performed for a few minutes after each session.  Most cosmetic surgeon  surgeons will combine  non invasive fat reduction, coolsculpting or sculpsure, with other treatment modalities.  We like to use venus freeze or exilis elite ( radio-frequency)  to improve  skin tightening  and fat reduction.  Zerona, ulrasound therapy, acoustic therapy and vibration have all been utilized with variable results.

Coolsculpting works with massage

the manufacturer recommends massage after coolsculpting.  Some doctors have tried to combine other treatments they have with coolsculpting, such as vibration and shock wave therapy.  There is good information to prove it helps the coolsculpting result and it certainly isn't necessary.  

Coolsculpting works with massage

Thank you for your question. There is no proof that vibration table therapy is any more effective than a massage. A manual massage is performed for 2 minutes after each session.  Best of Luck!

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Coolsculpting

Coolsculpting is an excellent form of non-invasive  fat reduction for the right patient. Some applicators take 1 or 2 hours but the new advantage applicators take only 35 minutes and have significantly less risk for delayed onset pain (especially in the abdomen). Results are seen at 2 months and typically 1-3 treatments will be necessary on each area to achieve ideal results. The number of treatments depends on the amount of fat there and the patient's goals.  There is not downtime and the results can be impressive in the right patient.  We also use the Zimmer Z-wave for improved patient comfort and added results. The massage portion is a very important part and will add significant improvement to your overall results. The best candidates are those who are in pretty good shape with areas of stubborn fat that won't go away no matter what.

My best,

Sheila Nazarian, MD, MMM

Beverly Hills, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting

My best,

Sheila Nazarian, MD, MMM

Vibration table following cool sculpting?

No, zeltiq does not require or recommend anything more than a 2 minute manual massage following each treatment. In my practice we trailed the Zimmer Z wave machine but didn't find results to warrant adding it to the treatment.You will probably find practices that do believe it helps results and it's not going to harm you in any way that I can think of, but might not help either, I guess it depends how much they want to charge you for that additional treatment on top of your cool sculpting. Best of Luck. 

CoolSculpting Treatment and Manual Massage

Manual massage is the only protocol by Zeltiq, the manufacturer of the CoolSculpting machine.  Some providers use different machines in place of the manual massage, but the company says that the manual massage is the only thing necessary immediately following the CoolSculpting treatment.   

Post Treatment Care

While each treating physician has his or her preferences for post treatment results. However, Zeltiq, the manufacturer of the company, only recommends a manual massage.

Post Treatment Care

Is vibration table necessary after CoolSculpting?

Vibration table is not necessary after CoolSculpting.  Manual massage for a few minutes is all you would need.  Other devices such as a vibration table are not required.  Be cautious of physicians trying to get you to use all of the devices that they have purchased.