How many syringes of juverderm will I need for my nasolabial folds? (Photo)

I am 33 years old and my nasolabial folds have always been noticeable even at a very young age but I feel they have gotten worse and I want to start juverderm injections but I was wondering how much would I need I am posting a picture so it can be used to help determine how many syringes I will need.

Juvederm

Typically one or two syringes of Juvederm can help soften the nasolabial folds. To be sure what is best for you, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment.

Making a plan for facial rejuvenation

As a young woman who is starting to notice changes in her face, rather than asking how much volume is required to fill a line, I would suggest obtaining a consultation with a physician who has expertise in facial rejuvenation.  It may be that your best options are things that you have not considered.  An expert will be able to make a plan that is best suited to your needs.

Brian Biesman, MD
Nashville Oculoplastic Surgeon

How many syringes of Juvederm will I need for my nasolabial folds?

Thank you for your question. From the photo it appears as though you will require 1 cc of Juvederm bilaterally. It is always best to have an in person consultation to determine a treatment plan. 

You can always administer additional syringes if required. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Nasolabial folds

Thank you for your question and photo. It usually takes 1-2 syringes depending on the result you are looking for. You should consult with a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon in your area. Good luck.

1-2 syringes might be needed in your case

Thanks for your question and thanks for including the photo as well. We always recommend that
you make an appointment with a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon and learn the various
treatment options for you. In this case, any of the current fillers on the market will help here and
Juvederm is certainly one that will give you nice results. The skill of the injector will be the determining
factor in how much is needed – one syringe definitely and perhaps two might be needed in your case.

Michael Gold, MD
Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm and Nasolabial area

Juvederm is the ideal filler for the nasolabial area.  It will provide the foundation and last for approximately one year.  It will take one or two syringes to treat this area.  For the best cosmetic results please consult a board certified dermatologist with experience with Juvederm and facial injections.

How much Juvederm

I agree with finding an experienced physician for filler injection, and also with face to face evaluation for determining how much filler you need. But I would also suggest doing some research on available fillers. While Juvederm is the "rage" right now, it might not meet your needs. I prefer Radiesse over Juvederm because it usually lasts longer, and you get more "bang for your buck". While this is usually a good thing, lasting longer can be a curse if you don't like the result. Best of luck to you.           jlr

John Louis Ratz, MD
Lagrange Dermatologist

How many syringes of juverderm will I need for my nasolabial folds?

Base on the photo, 1 or possibly 2 syringes depending on the type of dermal filler used.  I'd use 1 syringe of Perlane to start out.  

How many syringes of juvederm will I need for my nasolabial folds?

In most cases, two syringes will create significant improvement for you. This does depend upon what type of result you are looking for. Some are seeking a very subtle improvement and one syringe is adequate. You can discuss with your injector and determine how to best achieve your goals. I hope this information is helpful for you.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

How Many Syringes on NLFs

I like to see people in a consult to address their face as a 3 dimensional area that needs lifting and shaping rather than just line filling.  1-2 tubes may fill the line you are looking at but may not address your skin laxity, facial contouring, or the lifting you want as you age.  I suggest seeing a true facial contouring expert who uses cannulas for injections.  Best, Dr. Emer.