How can I obtain bigger (more prominent) eyelid crease? (photo)

Hi doctors, I would like recommendation on procedures I can undertake to minimise the fatty layer drooping over my top eyelid crease. My goal is to have bigger eyes, as well as larger and more defined eyelid crease. Thanks.

Doctor Answers 4

How to Obtain a more prominent eyelid crease

To be quite honest, I like your youthful Asian eyelid aesthetics. You have a double eyelid that is soft and pleasing.

An upper blepharoplasty can be performed to provide you with a more defined crease although I am not sure that this will truly be a better look for you.

Because your eyelid transforms into a epicanthal fold, this could be changed to transform it into a more Caucasian look. Be sure that this is truly what you want your eyes to look like for the rest of your life; there is no way back...

Worcester Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.6 out of 5 stars 49 reviews

How to obtain bigger eyes and prominent crease

Hello and thank you for your question.

An upper eyelid blepharoplasty tailored specifically to the Asian eyelid can achieve exactly what you are looking for, a higher upper eyelid crease. I recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation to get more specific answers to your questions which can best be addressed after a thorough history and examination is performed.

Best of luck to you

David L. Cangello, MD, FACS
New York Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 15 reviews

Treatment of epicanthal fold

An epicanthoplasty can be performed to reduce the amount of skin hanging over the inner portion of your upper eyelid crease. This could be combined with an upper blepharoplasty if you so desired.

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 129 reviews

Stanley G. Poulos, MD

2 things control the appearance of the eyelid:1) the amount of xs skin and fat which needs to be resected and 2) the actual location of the upper lid crease which varies with ethnicity. Changing the shape of the eyelid can have a major impact on appearance and must be considered carefully in consultation with an experienced surgeon.

Stanley G. Poulos, MD
Greenbrae Plastic Surgeon
4.5 out of 5 stars 29 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.