What can I do about this buffalo Hump growing in my back?

I need it gone. Its making me more and more insecure......

Liposuction sure improves Buffalo Humps nicely.

Flattening down those ugly buffalo humps makes such a big improvement in one's self confidence in many cases.It is done under local and has a very quick recovery time.

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Liposuction Can Remove Buffalo Hump

The hump between the shoulders comes from an accumulation of fat on the upper back, and liposuction is the usual approach. That said, it's important to first determine the cause of the hump, which is something a board-certified plastic surgeon can do in a consultation. The procedure itself can be performed using a local anesthetic in the surgeon's office. Good luck.

Arthur M. Cambeiro, MD

Buffalo hump

A buffalo hump is usually a fatty deposit in the upper back/neck area.  This can be treated effectively with liposuction.

David S. Chang, MD

The buffalo hump can be reduced or almost eliminated with liposuction. There are usually very good results.

Fred Suess, MD

Liposuction - Buffalo Hump

Thank you for your question.  Liposuction of the buffalo hump is a safe and commonly performed procedure. I typically use ultrasonic liposuction as the fat in this region is more dense. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person examination and to discuss the specific details of the procedure. Ask to see before and after photos to get an idea of what can be achieved. Hope this helps.

Buffalo hump correction

Hi Kaatheriine1,

Thanks for your question. Photos would definitely help in your assessment. But simple liposuction that would take less than 10 minutes in the office could get rid of the hump but you need a good physical exam assessment to make sure that it could be corrected in this manner. Go see several board certified plastic surgeons for a consultation. Good Luck!

Carlos Mata MD, MBA, FACS
@buffalohump @excessfat @docmata #drcarlosmata

What can I do about this buffalo hump growing in my back?

Without a physical exam, it is difficult to say what is causing this hump.  However, it is not unusual for a lipoma or fatty tissue to cause a "buffalo hump" at the base of the neck and upper back.  If this is the case an energy assisted type of liposuction, such as ultrasound assisted (Vaser-lipo) liposuction can treat this problem.  Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon who is able to perform this procedure. Best wishes, Dr. Lepore.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Buffalo Hump -- VASER HI DEF SCULPTING , 4D CONTOURING

There are many treatment options for this, but without a picture I cannot give my best advice. I suggest consulting with an expert. In my practice we typically do hi definition body shaping to remove the "buffalo hump" you are descibing with great success. Best, Dr. Emer

Buffalo hump treatment

Thank you for asking about your buffalo hump.
  • The usual treatment of a buffalo hump is either liposuction or direct removal of fat -
  • If the cause is a lipoma.
  • I suggest you consult a plastic surgeon for an examination and discussion of your best treatment.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Getting rid of the buffalo hump

Removal of the buffalo hump (A.k.a. Dorso cervical fat pad) can easily be achieved with liposuction.

This procedure can easily be done in the office with local anesthesia.

Recovery is fast and results are usually seen immediately.

This is in my opinion one of the most effective uses a liposuction and gives extremely high patient satisfaction.

my practice is devoted exclusively to liposuction and feta transfer procedures.

My office is in downtown San Francisco. I also work for elite body sculpture in Roseville California.

Feel free to call my office and make a complementary consultation.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD