Outer thigh lipo regret. How can I regain my shape after being left boxy? (Photo)

Outer thigh lipo regret how can I regain my shape back after being left boxy , I'm extremely disappointed .. I need options please help

Outer thigh lipo regret. How can I regain my shape after being left boxy?

What a shame. Im sorry that you've had this boxy look. You could have had a very nice and curvaceous result based on your before photos. I would have still performed lipo in the saddlebag region but not taken off as much as you did. There is hope. It will take some effort on your part. You need to gain weight to have sufficient fat to undergo a fat transfer. You didn't post photos of your abdomen. If you also had lipo of the abdomen, it further limits the options available to you.

The key is............ does the surgeon have a keen sense of aesthetics? Can he/she create a shapely, attractive shape or are they just technicians that wind up with large unshapely figures? Understand that liposuction whether SAL, PAL or UAL is not that technically challenging. However, the keen aesthetic eye will determine the eventual work of art.

Always seek out the opinion of a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery with years of experience in liposuction . Furthermore request to see before and after photos of previous patients by that doctor....not a clinic or surgery center. Do your homework......research and verify the doctor's credentials. Have they had problems with the Board of Medicine, disciplinary or otherwise. Any law suits?

How about the center, clinic or facility? Are they accredited by a national organization or do they just have State approval. Understand that at the current time, there are three nationally recognized organizations responsible for the highest levels of patient safety, AAAASF, AAACH and JCHO. You owe it to yourself to position yourself for the best possible results but under the most stringent safety regulations, If you have kids, even more so.

How about anesthesia? Will you have a medical doctor certified by the American Board of Anesthesiology or a certified nurse anesthetist (CRNA)? Understand that there is no substitute for research. Cosmetic surgery, no matter how simple it may be to the patients, are invasive procedures and as such carry certain risks and complications.

In our office we use TouchMD which is a web based program in which patients have the ability to load their picture unto the program. We accomodate patinets from as far away as California. I then evaluate them and can actually draw on the picture to show a potential patient where the incisions would be located and how the procedure is to be realized. It's all done to comply with HIPPA which is the federal law that protects the patient's medical information. Look them up.

Give yourself the highest percentage of a sucssesful operation. Good luck, Dr. PG

Liposuction - how to reverse the result

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

I am so sorry you are disappointed with your result.
It appears you had liposuction in other areas as well - such as your back.
You need a consultation to discuss fat transfers to the hips - 
You will need enough fat elsewhere to move to the hips and you are likely to need two separate sessions, spaced 6 months apart.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Outer thigh lipo but want to regain shape

the outer thigh liposuction has removed the fat but has left you very straight, judging from your photos. Some people like this look but obviously you do not. It appears that your best option would be fat grafting that area to give you more curve.  from you photo you may have some fat at the lower back/ upper buttock junction that can be harvested and placed to restore your curve. I suggest a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who is comfortable with these procedures.

Sheila Bond, MD
Montclair Plastic Surgeon

Lipo results

Sorry that you are not happy with your results.  To get a more rounded look at this point.. you probably will  need fat grafting if you have adequate donor sites.  Best of luck.

Boxy after Lipo

I am sorry to hear that you are disappointed. The only way to re-establish your old shape is with fat transfers. The limiting factor is the amount of remaining, available fat for transfer. Best wishes!

George C. Peck, Jr, MD
West Orange Plastic Surgeon

Probably best to look into fat grafting to help regain a curvier shape. Hope this helps...good luck!

Thank you for your photos and question.  I am sorry to hear about your disappointment after surgery.  If you are looking to restore better contour to your outer thighs, you may consider fat transfer.  Liposuction of one area can allow for fat to be placed back to the outer thighs to help restore some contour.  Good luck!

Naveen Setty, MD