How can i fix my belly button so it looks more open like a button rather than a slit or frown?

Hi I am 33 years old and have never had kids so I don't have loose skin however, I do have a bit of extra fat in the abdomen as its the hardest place for me to lose weight. My main problem is that my belly button looks like a slit or frown rather than a button. Will removing the extra fat around my abdomen through lipo help this or will I need a mini or full tummy tuck? Thank you

Tummy Tuck or umbilicoplasty

Both a Tummy Tuck and Umbilicoplasty can help reshape the size of your belly button. However if you do decide to have children, pregnancy can change things dramatically.  So if considering a baby in the next few years best to wait.

Belly button reshaped with tummy tuck or umbilicoplasty

A tummy tuck can improve the shape of your belly button. So can an umbilicoplasty, which would be less invasive. Liposuction might help but it would be difficult to say without a physical exam. 

Hello. You may be a candidate for an umbilicoplasty which is a procedure to change the shape of your belly button. Not sure if you also have an umbilical hernia. You'll need to be examined by a BCPS. 

Abdominal improvment

Hello and thank you for your question. There are many different options to improve belly button aesthetics.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with.  I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD