Are there any known complications that can arise in a patient with glomular nephritis post-abdominoplasty? (photo)

I want to get the surgery, but I have a genetic kidney disease so I must be careful and well-educated on the matter first. I have X-linked Alport syndrome (mutation: in exon 32 of COL4A5). As this genetic condition also affects my collagen, I'm not sure how my body will respond to this kind of surgery. Attached is a photo of my abdomen post pregnancy.

Any additional illnesses can cause complications

Thank you for your enquiry.  There is greater risk on performing abdominoplasty on any person who has an underlying additional illness. It is necessary initially to discuss your proposed surgery with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and also with your Nephrologist.

Finally you should try and lose as much weight as possible pre-operatively in order to make your surgery simpler and easier.

I hope these remarks help.  Best wishes in the future.