Need advice re opening at incisions after breast lift. (photos)

I had a breast lift w/ implants 6 weeks ago. There is an expanding hole at the bottom of both breasts where the line and circular incisions meet. I tried silver wound antimicrobial gel and covered the wound with waterproof bandaid, but it seems to not work. The wounds look wider, but no swelling and only minimal clear drainage noted. Any ideas about a dressing? My surgeon gave me Tecassol powder upon d/c 4 wks ago. I thought about using xeroform dressing. Would this work?

Need advice re opening at incisions after breast lift.

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well... I have to say that you are still early on healing process, it is too soon to determine how your results are going to be, per now, they look very nice and beautiful, you can have one bigger than the other, it is normal and that can happen for the first 3 months until your implants have settle in. I recommend you to wait and keep using your post surgical bra, that will help you with the shape and support. that small oppening will close if you take the proper care with your surgeon, Hugs!

Thank you for your question and photos.  The small superficial wound in the photo appears limited and should heal fine with proper wound care.  Please visit your surgeon and get specific instructions on wound care.  Getting input from multiple different sources can sometimes be confusing.  Your best source is going to be the surgeon who did your surgery and who knows your situation the best.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Need a check

You need to be in contact with your surgeon.  These late problems are best seen and evaluated in person.

Breast incision concerns

This small area of breakdown of the incision is usually not a threat to the implant or to the eventual result, but you need to notify your surgeon and seek their advice, as they are committed to your good outcome. When things like this occur, and assuming no allergies, I like Iodosorb, although it can be messy. Take meticulous care of the wound and it will heal.

Roee Rubinstein, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Wounds at areola

It is best to follow the care that your doctor recommends. He is the one treating you and in the best position to advise.  Good luck.

Breast lift with implants - opening in the incision

Thank you for asking about your breast lift with implants incision.

• You should see your surgeon -
  • The most likely cause of the opening is a suture rising to the surface that needs to be removed.
  • The most worrisome cause would be poor healing, with the implant working to the surface - fortunately rare.
  • It is unusual for a surgeon to discharge a patient after this operation at 2 weeks.
  • Your surgical fee almost always includes a minimum of 6 weeks of post-operative care.
  • So call your surgeon's office and return to see her/him.
  • If the problem is a suture, only removing the suture will allow the wound to heal.
  • Xeroform is not better than a vaseline gauze - it will keep the wound from drying out.
  • Although it has bismuth which is anti-bacterial it can also cause nasty skin allergies.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes

Wound incision, some advices:

Thanks for the question. 
My recommendation for you is to have extremely wound care, this means to maintain the wound dry and clean. You can use an antibacterial soap. Talk with your surgeon about whats going on and follow his advices.
Best of lucks, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD