Pseudoptosis? Lift or just augmentation? (Photo)

I'm scheduled for a consult with a surgeon next month but in the mean time, I would like to get as much an idea as possible about what I'll be looking to have done. I've included photos of my breasts and also of breasts that I find appealing. My goal is not to have round globes in the center of my chest. I would like a bit of natural slope but with much more fullness. I don't want to go huge but big enough (specific, right?) Thank you for any input!

Pseudoptosis and Augmentation?

Your breasts appear deflated and somewhat ptotic or sagging. Photos with yours arm elevated falsely elevate your breast tissue and are not useful in deciding whether or not you need a lift. I don't think that you look much like the augmentation examples you have provided, so they are of little predictive value. You probably fall into a borderline category where you might be able to get a reasonable result either way but the results would look significantly different. Ultimately you will need to go to one or more consultations to get a clear understanding of your options and tradeoffs involved with each approach.

Pseudoptosis? Lift or just augmentation?

Based on your photos your breasts demonstrate some degree of pseudoptosis and deflation. The use of breast implants alone will provide you with fuller breasts without the need for a breast lift. You probably won't be able to achieve breasts that look like the ones that you have posted with your question. To get an idea what your breasts could look like after breast augmentation, you'll have to find photos of breasts that look like yours. Thank you for sharing your question and photos. Best wishes.

Dr. Gregory Park

Gregory Park, MD

Breast augmentation vs. breast lift

I believe that you could get a good result with an implant alone. Oftentimes, an augmentation can give the illusion of a lift. As the implant fills out the upper portion of the breast, it also fills out the lower portion, which makes it appear as if the nipple is located higher on the breast. After a minimum of 9 months, when the implant has settled, you'll have a better idea whether or not you think they are perky enough. You can always get a lift later if needed. For more information on this and similar topics, I recommend a plastic surgery Q&A book like "The Scoop On Breasts: A Plastic Surgeon Busts the Myths."

Ted Eisenberg, DO, FACOS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Lift or just augmentation?

It appears that your nipples are above the level the crease below your breasts. I'm not sure that you would benefit from a lift. Of course an in person examination is required for definitive recommendations.

If you're unsure about having a lift, it's important to understand it can always be done during a second procedure. There may be some additional cost if you have a second procedure, but separating the procedures gives you the opportunity to see how you look after just an augmentation. Many patients will be happy with just an augmentation alone, and they won't have the extra scars from the breast lift.

Breast Augmentation- Natural results

Hello, and thank you very much for your questions and photos.

In my Beverly Hills office I have successfully treated patients with an implant alone that have similar breast (pre-operative).  I think you can get great results.  While the implant that you will require to give you the fuller upper pole that you desire should be large- you can and still will have a natural size- not too large.

The best way to ensure you are thilled with your results the first time around, would be an examination in person.  Please make sure that you see a board certified plastic surgeon when making your final decisions.

Best of luck to you!!

Dr. Obeng
Beverly Hills, CA 

Michael K. Obeng, MD, FACS

Breast lift, augmentation or both?

Thank you for asking about your breast lift and/or augmentation.

• Your breasts appear to have lost volume - not to have sagged.
  • I see no need for a lift.
  • I realize you are getting different opinions but the reason is that your nipple is well above your breast crease and the sagging breast tissue is sagging because the breasts are deflated.
  • An implant alone should achieve the look you want.
  • Your 'like' looks probably have moderately sized, round, moderate profile implants.
  • At your consultation, you should try on sizers to be sure the size is what you have in mind.
  • My attached video explains what to do to choose your breast implants.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes

In my opinion- the best result in your case will be achieved with a mastopexy ( breast lift) and implants placed sub-muscular.

Considerations for breast lift with augmentation #plasticsurgery

Based on your photo - I would suspect that a breast lift to eliminate the sagging breast tissue that you have (pseudoptosis) would be a consideration in a surgical plan, if you met with me. Check out the link I provided for a before/after example.

Based on the photos of your wish look, I would definitely lean to the augmentation with submuscular dual plane placement and no lift. Your anatomy is one we commonly see and can always get a very nice but natural look without a lift. 

Mastopexy (lift) vs augmentation

Hello and thank you for reaching out. From the photos you have provided, and without a physical exam, it is hard to determine which procedure I would recommend for the best results. I find that most women are very satisfied with a mastopexy augmentation, or a lift with implants. To place an implant in a breast that already has ptosis (sagging) can sometimes only further the issue of ptosis, but only after a physical exam would I be able to tell accurately. I would suggest asking for information on both procedures at the time of your consultation. Best Wishes.