Swelling getting worse after Lipo And BBL, suggestions? (photos)

Had bbl lipo done 3 weeks ago.I wore my garment 24/7 and had 9 massages However my swelling only goes down after the massage then the next day it looks the same again. I started to wear xs size faja few dayz ago(stage 3) however my swelling is not getting better and it looks worse. Also the lower ab feels very hard after wearing the xs faja im worried about my belly getting hard nd the uneveness of my skin which the dr said it was swelling nd my vagina is still very bruised not getting better

Swelling takes time

The hardest part about recovery is having patience. This is normal at 3 weeks out! Looking great.

Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

You are only 3 weeks post surgery.  You have a long way to go for the swelling to subside. Be patient.  

Swelling after BBL

Thanks for reaching out.  You are still in the very early post operative period.  Swelling could take 6-12 months to fully resolve.  The best thing to do is to be patient.

I hope this helps :)

John Paul Tutela, MD
Livingston Plastic Surgeon

Swelling getting worse after Lipo And BBL, suggestions?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.... Youre still early on healing process my love, you need to wait at least 6 months to see final results, keep using your garment and be patient, you look beautiful...

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Swelling after BBL

You are still very early in your recovery process and I recommend that you give yourself more time for the swelling to go down before judging results. It can take 6-12 months for all the swelling from the massive amount of liposuction to go down. Continue to wear compression garments and follow-up with your surgeon. 

#BBL #ShapedExtraJuicy #liposuction #fattransfer #BrazilianButtLift #DrSej #fatgrafting #fatsurvival #BBLrecovery #beverlyhills

Sejal M. Patel, MD

3 weeks post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.
To reduce the swelling I recommend you perform daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the abdomen and wear a postoperative girdle from thigh to the breasts.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Swelling after liposuction

It can take months for the swelling to subside after liposuction. We tell our patients at least three months – sometimes longer. From you photos you appear to be doing well. Be patient.

Neal Handel, MD
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after BBL

Thank you for asking about your BBL.

• You have had extensive liposuction -
  • The swelling is normal and will take time to subside.
  • Wearing too tight a garment can make the swelling worse.
  • The firmness of the lower abdomen is from swelling.
  • Vaginal bruising takes time to subside -
  • It sounds as though your surgeon is given you good advice -
  • You need to be patient. It will take six months to see your final result.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS