Liposuction and BBL without a tummy tuck? (Photo)

I am 29 years old and have yet to have any kids. I gained over 100lbs within 3 years, I had the lapband surgery and managed to lose the weight. However my body never went back to"normal". I know I will need a TT, however I do not want to do one prior to having children. I do want to fix my figure a bit my doing the lipo/BBL but do not want to make my body worse. I was told by 1 surgeon they would do the lipo/BBL, another surgeon said she would not do it because the results would be very poor.

Liposuction and BBL without a tummy tuck?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.... I recommend you to have a tummy tuck because if you have liposuction only, the extra skin on your abdomen that you already have, will be more than saggy if you dont perform the tummy tuck.. you will get really nice results with both procedures combined!!!

Liposuction and BBL without abdominoplasty

Based on your pictures I think you would be a great candidate for liposuction with BBL that will deliver excellent results. If you wanted to remove some of your abdominal skin laxity you might consider a panniculectomy to start (that does not involve muscle plication) to remove some the extra skin. 

#BBL #ShapedExtraJuicy #liposuction #fattransfer #BrazilianButtLift #DrSej #fatgrafting #fatsurvival #BBLrecovery #beverlyhills #curves #weightloss #bodysculpting 

Sejal M. Patel, MD

Thank you for the question and photos. Based on the photos, you can get a great result with body sculpting and a BBL with the understanding that the abdomen might look worse. Since fat would need to be collected from the back, waist, hips abdomen and arms in your case, to then augment the buttocks with fat, I would not do a tummy tuck. You might benefit from lower abdominal skin excision without muscle tightening, no reason to live with a wrinkled abdomen. Then you can have children and a tummy tuck after the last child. You have less fat than you think you have, so it is imperative that you see a board certified plastic surgeon with extensive experience in body sculpting techniques. Your first surgery is your best chance for a good result. In my practice, I see a lot of patients who because of price shopping, ended up with less than was promised, and it is very difficult to fix these surgical misadventures. Good luck with your search.

Tummy tuck and BBL after weight loss

Hello and thank you for the question and the photos. 

Based on the photos, you would benefit from lipo bbl and a full tummy tuck. You are correct to delay the tummy tuck until after having children. You could start with the lipo and bbl. You may want to do multiple areas of lipo to gain enough fat to transfer. Remember, some of the fat, 30%, does not survive the transfer process, so it's important to have enough fat to work with. 

It is correct to be concerned about loose skin. Liposuction removes fat but does not help sagging skin. You could do a small minituck SKIN ONLY, to correct the lower abdomen skin laxity and then come back in the future after having children to do a full tummy tuck.

You should seek consultations with several board certified plastic surgeons in your area before making any final decisions.

As always it is best to be healthy, no smoking, and to make sure any health care concerns you have are managed by your primary care doctor.

Best to you

Bennett Yang, MD
Rockville Plastic Surgeon

You are correct about your tummy – it will require a tummy tuck. Just lipo alone will make it look worse. You have some extra fat on your back and thighs that could be used for a BBL --- so I see no reason you could not have a BBL now and the tummy tuck in the future!

Neal Handel, MD
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Body contouring options

Congratulations on the weight loss.  As you may already know, most of the body contour issues that you are experiencing are a result of loose skin secondary to the weight loss process.  Because of this, the main focal point of your body contouring options will be skin tightening or skin removal as opposed to fat reduction.  Liposuction may make the back area a little less noticeable by reducing the fat within the bra rolls/folds.  Ideally, a bra line back lift would be performed to tighten and raise the middle back area.  The abdomen would require a tummy tuck to treat the loose skin there.  There is no harm in doing just liposuction and perhaps some fat transfer.  Its a reasonable thing to do as long as you understand that the contour of the area that you are getting liposuctioned will not likely change significantly because of the loose skin issue.

Good luck on your body contouring journey.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Limited results

If you have loose skin from your lap band procedure your skin likely will not respond very well to liposuction. The tummy tuck will certainly improve your abdominal and waist contour but your skin may have contour irregularities from the liposuction. Consult with another experienced plastic surgeon if you are concerned.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Liposuction and BBL after 100 pound weight loss.

Thank you for asking about your liposuction and BBL.

• I share your second surgeon's concern.
  • After losing so much weight, your skin is loose.
  • Liposuction will make it looser and look worse.
  • I suggest you consider a skin-only lower body lift. leaving the muscle tightening for after your children.
  • You will have a better shape all around - plus the extra skin can be buried to give you some buttock fullness.
  • An examination and discussion is needed to be sure this is the best plan for you.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Liposuction and Brazilian Butt Lift without a tummy tuck?

Thank you for your question.  You are in a bit of a difficult situation.  You have lost a significant amount of weight (congrats!) and you want to look better, but you don't want to do any significant body contouring (in other words, a tummy tuck) before you have children for fear of "undoing" the tummy tuck.

Here are my thoughts.  You have a few options.  Yes, you can have liposuction and a BBL.  You will likely have fairly good results from the BBL, but the liposuction is going to make your already loose, hanging skin look even worse.  If this is not an issue for you, it is totally acceptable to plan your tummy tuck for a later time, after you have children.

The other thing to consider is that you may need more than a tummy tuck.  I cannot comment with 100% certainty because I am not examining you in person, but you may need a full body lift if you have lost over 100 pounds.  Be sure you meet with a board certified Plastic Surgeon who can guide you through the whole process, especially coming up with a treatment plan.  It is important to do these procedures in the correct order.  Best wishes!

BBL / tummy tuck

In this situation, a BBL can be performed first with the fat being obtained from several areas like the belly, hips, thighs and lower back.  You can then consider a tummy tuck later on.  Removing the fat from the belly will make a future tummy tuck easier with a better aesthetic result.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck! 

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS