Will I be charged extra for Invisalign refinements?

I am nearing the end of my Invisalign treatment, tray 20 out of 21, and am worried that one of my incisors will not be fully in line by the end. I am due to go and be fitted for my retainers next month and refinements is something my dentist has never discussed with me. I am on the Invisalign full package but am worried I'm going to be charged more if I'm not happy with the results.

Extra charge for Invisalign refinement? #DrSoftTouch

Every office has their own policy, so I would recommend speaking with your dental office to answer your questions. Generally, it depends on your specific case. If you were an express case, then you would likely have to pay for refinements.  If you are a complete case on the other hand, then a certain number of refinements would likely be included. Good luck and I hope this helps. Follow me if you have more questions.

Let's Talk Teeth

Dear Sami_p,

Thank you for posting your question on RealSelf.  I will do my best to answer your question with the information provided.

Every Invisalign provider is different in how they organize the financials for their procedures.  I recommend addressing your concerns with your dentist.  I also recommend reviewing your contract as your financials should be specified.  I do not charge for refinements unless it is the fault of the patient such as they did not wear the aligners or missed many appointments which delayed their treatment time.  I am sure that this is not the case in your situation.  If your teeth are not straight and you wore your aligners correctly, you should discuss this with your dentist as you should obtain optimal esthetics and occlusion at the end of your treatment.

I hope that this helps and good luck.

Dr. Jenn