Should I avoid particular foods before and after Botox? eg: cayenne pepper, cinnamon etc? If so, why?

Avoiding foods after Botox

There are no specific foods to avoid after Botox. Moreso with fillers, where bruising is more likely, I advise avoiding things that thin the blood such as alcohol, aspirin, ibuprofen, vitamin E, ginseng, green tea & gingko.

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox and Foods

There is no study saying you should stay away from certain foods before Botox injections. You should not take any blood thinners before or after injections as it may cause swelling and bruising.

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Diet change after Botox?

Hello, and thanks for your question. There is no need to change your diet after Botox injections. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.  

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Short answer is no

You do not have to avoid any foods before or after Botox treatment, according to any studies. One thing to keep in mind is to minimize exposure to medicines that may increase bleeding or bruising prior to getting your Botox treatment (such as Aspirin, Ibuprofen, and even some vitamins may contain Ginseng).

Ramsen Azizi, MD
Chicago General Surgeon

Food to avoid prior to Botox

Thank you for your questions. No there are no specific foods that you should avoid prior to Botox injections. To limit the risk/amount of any bruising with injections though you should not take aspirin, drink alcohol or other be taking other blood thinners prior to Botox/filler injections. Best of luck.

Benjamin J. Cousins, MD
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

Foods to avoid before Botox?

I don't tell my patients to avoid any foods prior to Botox.  My patients enjoy their Botox results with minimal bruising and don't have to worry about any foods to avoid.  What matters with Botox is injection technique.  Find a great injector and listen to his or her advice.

Dr. Ort

Richard Ort, MD
Lone Tree Dermatologic Surgeon

Foods and Botox

There are no specific foods to avoid with Botox. I would just refrain from any blood thinners for two weeks before Botox injections to avoid bruising.  Best, Dr. Green

Botox and food

With any healthy balanced diet you should be fine. Do avoid aspirin, Motrin or blood thinners,, Many herbal supplement's can have blood thinners (such as Ginko).   When in doubt about a product or food check in with your PS.

Adam Tattelbaum, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Food & Botox

There are no foods that need to be avoided. It's necessary to notify your injector of any medicine, ie. blood thinners, that you may be taking. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Food and Botox

There is no interaction with any foods. In general, there are supplements that can thin the blood slightly and those should be avoided for a few days. Aspirin shouldn't be taken for 10-14 days.

Steven F. Weiner, MD