How long must I avoid strenuous exercise after Thermitight treatment to buttocks/hip area?

I train year round for half Ironman distance triathlons (which include 56 mi of biking and 13.1 miles of running) but have substantial skin laxity in my side hip/butt area. I may want to move forward with Thermi soon but would like to know the minimum amount of downtime that I can likely get away with without compromising my result. For instance, 2 weeks post procedure could I undertake a typical training day (50 mile bike ride followed by 3 milet run). Any insight would be much appreciated!

ThermiTight Recovery Process

Thermi-tight for those reading this and don’t know is a minimally invasive (performed through a needle-stick in the skin) procedure, done in the office under local anesthesia with minimal downtime.  Often referred to as infusion radiofrequency, a term used to distinguish it from surgical skin tightening procedures.  Skin tightening surgery is often done for more severe cases of laxity.  Thermi-tight is unique in that it can be done in circumstances where less laxity exists and we previously had very little, effect treatments to offer.  During recovery one can usually resume normal activities quickly in a day or so.  Extreme sports/ work out should be discussed with your Physician prior so you can appropriately plan for adequate time.  As a general rule I often suggest Spanks or UnderArmour garments which are tight fitting over the area when exercising for the first few weeks following any body contouring/tightening procedure and starting off gradually to avoid problems or pain.

ThermiTight recovery

Thank you for your question. Patients can return to normal activity after 24 hours. In terms of strenuous activity, I suggest feeling it out for the first week and slowly getting back into your training. Speak to your doctor as well since he/she knows the treatment areas and how much will be done. 

Bruce E. Katz, MD