Will Thermi Tight fix a saggy behind? (Photo)

I had minor liposuction on my thighs about two years ago and now there is moderate laxity in the skin which gives the appearance of a sagging behind. Would Thermi Tight help correct this? Thank you.

Thermitight for skin laxity over buttock/ upper thigh areas

Based on your photos, you seem to be a great candidate for ThermiTight treatment. While you should not expect a surgical type of a result, you should definitely see improvement in your skin laxity and tightening in the area.  ThermiTight is probably the next thing to surgery as far as the results are concerned among currently available skin tightening treatment modalities on the market. 

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thermitight on outer thighs and buttocks

Thank you for your question. It does appear that you have some outer skin laxity after liposuction. Thermitight can help improve this, as long as your expectations are realistic. Thermitight will not completely alleviate it, but in my practice, I think that you can expect 30-50% improvement in the laxity with this localized area. It is one of the best minimally invasive options we have on the market to tighten skin and having some improvement, although not complete, is certainly worth it to many patients so they don't have to have a visible scar in this region with an outer thigh or buttocks lift. 
Best, Dr. Hustak

Best, Dr. Hustak

Will ThermiTight Fix a Saggy Behind? Yes, RF Energy Can Tighten Loose Skin

ThermiTight is an excellent way to address skin laxity in most areas of the body. It is a minimally invasive procedure in which we insert an electrode under the skin to deliver radiofrequency (RF) energy to heat up the collagen, forcing it to shrink. When the collagen shrinks, the skin contracts and tightens. In addition, ThermiTight will promote the production of new collagen in the skin, which will strengthen it and make it more resistant to future sagging. Sculptra is sometimes added to the upper buttock for higher fullness, which will also lift the lower buttocks. Combination treatment like this would likely give the best results. Please find a board-certified dermatologist to help you regain a more flattering curve to your buttocks and upper thighs.

Kimberly Butterwick, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Kimberly Butterwick, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

ThermiTIGHT for buttock laxity

Dear Jaicienne:

ThermiTIGHT is one of the new “game changers” in skin tightening. While lasers penetrate the skin from outside to generate heat along the dermal skin, ThermiTIGHT places the radio-frequency (RF) energy directly where it is needed under local anesthesia;  without pain and no need for a series of procedures.

My patients have been pleased with the amount of skin contraction immediately and improved tightening with collagen/scar production over the subsequent year. It should be extended up the inferior buttock, across the crease and onto the upper thigh / banana roll.

Other options to augment the results of ThermiTIGHT include:

• ZO Retamax retinoid skin cream
  • Sculptra injection
  • Consideration for Silhouette InstaLift for added “lifting” action beyond the “shrink-wrapping” result of ThermiTIGHT.

I hope this works as well for you. All the best!

ThermiTIGHT for buttock laxity

Dear Jaicienne:

• ZO Retamax retinoid skin cream
  • Sculptra injection

ThermiTight

If sagging skin has become a problem for you, you may be interested in a simple treatment as your solution: ThermiTight. When your skin sags, it can cause you to look older than you are and may also cause you to look like you're overweight when you might not be. Even a single treatment may reverse the signs of sagging skin and help yourself to look and feel younger. After having your ThermiTight treatment, you may notice some minor redness and swelling in your treated areas. This will typically dissipate within 24 hours and you can return to your normal routine within that time. Your results from the ThermiTight treatment will be immediately noticeable and will get better over time as more collagen and elastin are produced in the area. ThermiTight results can last for several years.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

ThermiTight

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Skin Laxity and Buttock Lifting -- ThermiRF, Exilis Ultra, Fat Injections, Fillers or Sculptra

Thermi works by introducing radiofrequency energy under the skin to get long term tightening.  I suggest consulting with an expert to see if this is a valuable option for you.  In combination with fat grafting, implants, exilis or sculptra you can get a good outcome.  Best, Dr. Emer