Does Clear and Brilliant permea help with post inflammatory pigmentation?

I was burned a couple months ago with a laser treatment. And now i suffer PIH due to the injury of the treatment on my back. I have read about the clear and brilliant and the benefits, will the clear and brilliant permea help with the pigmentation. As i would do anything to make this go away.

Clear and Brilliant laser and Melarase cream

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I would use a combination of Clear and Brilliant laser followed by Melarase Brightening creams including Melarase AM, Melarase PM, Melapads, and Replenish CX creams.

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Does Clear + Brilliant help relieve PIH ? post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation

Before you spend $$$ on lasers or specifically Clear + Brilliant, consider this regimen:

recommend Melarase AM and Melarase PMto improve hyperpigmentation as well as Scler-X, a post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation relief complex. Scler-X is an oral supplement that is taken for 3-6 months or more for maintenance therapy.

Melarase AM in the morning. Melarase PM in the evening. Scler-X once daily. 

Also apply a wide spectrum high SPF 50+ sun block to prevent ongoing damage and PIH. I recommend Spectrase from Kare Skin. 

See link below. 

Permea can help minimize the appearance of post inflammatory pigmentation.

Clear and Brilliant Permea can help minimize the appearance of  post inflammatory pigmentation. But please keep in mind with any type of pigmentation, you must be seen by your provider for a skin consultation. At that time, you will be given a proper skin lightening regimen to follow prior to the treatment at least 4 weeks before. If a patient has a history of post inflammatory pigmentation, you want to take a safe approach to prevent this condition from worsening. The Clear and Brilliant laser will help lighten the appearance of pigmentation, but you must use at home skin care as well to obtain optimal results. If you start a series of Clear and Brilliant without prepping the skin with the proper skincare this can aggravate the cells and cause the pigmentation to darken. Always seek a professional and you will see rewarding results.

Yes, C and B Permea in the 1927 can help with PIH, especially if combined with creams such as HQ. Other lasers such as 1064 Q switch lasers are better, as they have less consumables than C +B, many laser sessions are needed at gentle settings to treat PIH. All the best, Dr Davin Lim. Brisbane. Australia. 

Post inflammatory hyperpigmentation

Thank you for your question and I'm sorry you had a bad experience! Because post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation is usually a result of inflammation (trauma, heat, etc) to the skin, I would advise extreme caution with subsequent treatments. Although clear + brilliant is a very gentle laser and has proven benefit in pigmentary disorders, it would not be my first-line. A trial of a bleaching/lightening agents would be safer. PIH will fade in time and topical treatments may speed up that process. In any event, it can help calm and prime your skin for more aggressive treatments and lessen the risk of worsening of your PIH. Please seek a board certified dermatologist in your area.

Sophia V. Mai, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist