Does Clear and Brilliant permea help with post inflammatory pigmentation?

I was burned a couple months ago with a laser treatment. And now i suffer PIH due to the injury of the treatment on my back. I have read about the clear and brilliant and the benefits, will the clear and brilliant permea help with the pigmentation. As i would do anything to make this go away.

Permea can help minimize the appearance of post inflammatory pigmentation.

Clear and Brilliant Permea can help minimize the appearance of  post inflammatory pigmentation. But please keep in mind with any type of pigmentation, you must be seen by your provider for a skin consultation. At that time, you will be given a proper skin lightening regimen to follow prior to the treatment at least 4 weeks before. If a patient has a history of post inflammatory pigmentation, you want to take a safe approach to prevent this condition from worsening. The Clear and Brilliant laser will help lighten the appearance of pigmentation, but you must use at home skin care as well to obtain optimal results. If you start a series of Clear and Brilliant without prepping the skin with the proper skincare this can aggravate the cells and cause the pigmentation to darken. Always seek a professional and you will see rewarding results.

Yes, C and B Permea in the 1927 can help with PIH, especially if combined with creams such as HQ. Other lasers such as 1064 Q switch lasers are better, as they have less consumables than C +B, many laser sessions are needed at gentle settings to treat PIH. All the best, Dr Davin Lim. Brisbane. Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Post inflammatory hyperpigmentation

Thank you for your question and I'm sorry you had a bad experience! Because post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation is usually a result of inflammation (trauma, heat, etc) to the skin, I would advise extreme caution with subsequent treatments. Although clear + brilliant is a very gentle laser and has proven benefit in pigmentary disorders, it would not be my first-line. A trial of a bleaching/lightening agents would be safer. PIH will fade in time and topical treatments may speed up that process. In any event, it can help calm and prime your skin for more aggressive treatments and lessen the risk of worsening of your PIH. Please seek a board certified dermatologist in your area.

Sophia V. Mai, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist