32DD natural boobs; want small implants for perkiness?

No kids. 30 years old... I want boobs to look like they do when they're in a bra. Would a small implant achieve that? Above or below muscle? Thanks!

Breast lift

Hello and thanks for the question. A breast implant alone will not give you perkier breasts. You'll need a breast lift with small volume implants to achieve your aesthetic goals. Consult a BCPS for your care. DrBurnett#realself100

Thank you for your question. I think that you would benefit from a breast lift along with the implant size you and your board certified plastic surgeon come to agree on. An implant alone will not give you the "perky" look you are trying to achieve, without a lift. Best wishes!

Mary Jo Wright, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon

"Perkiness" in 32DD breasts

A small implant will not give you "perkiness". In my opinion, the only procedure in your case for perkiness is a breast lift.

Thank you for your photos and question.  It appears that you have reasonably good breast shape and nipple position but wide areolae and excess skin with laxity. A small implant will unfortunately not fill you adequately so the question will be how much larger are you willing to become to restore fullness and enhance contour?  Assuming you do not want to be much larger that you need to consider a skin reduction procedure in combination with placement of modest to medium sized implants. This will reduce the excess skin somewhat while narrowing your areolae and allowing for somewhat smaller implant.  A full uplift removes the most excess skin and would permit placement of a small implant at the price of having surgical incisions.Please review the video have linked to above for more discussion and meet with several ABPS board-certified plastic surgeons to carefully review your options.  There may not be one single proper answer for you but spending the time to make the right decision is advisable.Best wishes.Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.From your photo, it appears that you would benefit from a breast lift.  A breast lift would reposition your nipples and reshape your breasts, giving them a more youthful appearance. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.  Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

You will not achieve your goal with just an implant no matter what size you choose-large or small. A breast lift will be necessary to give your breasts a more perky appearance, but understand that even with a lift that only removes skin, your breast size will decrease. 
A breast lift combined with an implant will probably give you the best results.

Perky breasts

Thank you for your question.  Based on your photos which show breast sagging (ptosis), you would benefit from a breast lift, which would help to make your breasts more round and perky.  Implants can also be used if you want to have larger breasts.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck.

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

32DD natural boobs; want small implants for perkiness

"Perky" means different things to different patients. No one can tell you how to achieve your desired breast appearance without an in person examination.

There are multiple options that can produce a cosmetically acceptable result depending on your desired outcome: an implant alone in front of the muscle or a dual plane placement of the implant, an implant and a minimal lift with an incision just around the areola, or an implant in front of the muscle, dual plane or behind the muscle and a greater lift. Each would result in a different degree of improvement.

Keep in mind that following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do and how to do it based on limited two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best interest. Natural appearing results need to be individualized and what is appropriate for one patient is not necessarily the best for someone else. I would suggest that you find a surgeon certified by the American Board of American Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, M.D., FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Implant for lift

Good morning and  thank you for your question and photos. In your case I feel you would best benefit from a breast lift. Without an in person examination and taking measurements I feel you would achieve the best results by having a breast lift procedure. There are many factors that could contribute to this decision and what's the best route for you. When you are ready to proceed, please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. Best of luck to you...I think you will achieve great results!

Michael K. Obeng, MD, FACS

When does an implant help with superior pole fullness?

Generally speaking, a small implant will provide some superior pole fullness.  The problem with a small implant is the small diameter.  If the implant is "narrow" and it is centered on the nipple, it won't provide much fullness.  The second issue to consider is whether a limited lift to reposition the breast mound would allow a small implant to achieve the fullness desired.  It's not a simple problem and your best action would be to see a local board certified plastic surgeon.  

Samuel Beran, MD